Turn on thread page Beta

The Learner driver progression thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Christ that's an intense day you've got there Dobbs!

Goooooooood luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Yeah I know it might make me hot. We'll see. Probably the white t-shirt approach will be taken.

....I spend less time deciding what I'm going to wear for a night out!! :rolleyes:

The thing is though in the back of my mind, I want to look smart and mature - I know it's not what they look for but I know for a fact that if I turned up looking like crap that the examiner would have a bad impression of me straight away.

So having a nice shave tomorrow, gonna smell nice, look smart and clean, and hopefully not have any sweat patches
    Argh! I hope the day goes really well for you! Just think how good you will feel if you got the job & passed!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your day of stress Dobbs-just look forward to wednesday when it'll all be over

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday????

I'm looking forward to 2.30pm tomorrow!!! I'll have a shot of vodka ready on my desk to celebrate/drown my sorrows

ReputationRep:
    I have come to a conclusion, I ma never going to have a test. Why I am not driving?

I just have no incentive at all which is odd as I love cars.

ReputationRep:
    AARRRRGGGHHHHH

My instructor will be arriving in 40 minutes to have my last (hopefully) lesson before my TEST at 1.33pm.

Got some of that rescue remedy stuff, let's hope it works!!!

(Job interview went well, am starting on Sunday!)

ReputationRep:
    Use that good news as a boost...you can do anything!

I got to drive my dad's car last night, it was so different to my instructors car in that it's a volkswagon sharan! I started it up and my dad was like you can't do that, it'sa diesel! And I was like, yeah what? what difference does that make?! Turns out you've got to wait for them to warm up first...! We were in some carpark by the woods where my dad takes the dogs for walks, and it was dark, and there was this car that just kept driving round like making sure it was empty?! Then seeing that we were there, they'd go away and be back about a minute later?! I was like...I really hope this isn't some dogging hotspot...Aaaagh! Was quite scary when they kept coming back!

But yeah....gooooooood luck! :hugs:

AAAAAAAAAAAH DOBBS TEST IS ALMOST OVER. I am so ****ing nervous for him! hope he's passed!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥♥♥)
    AAAAAAAAAAAH DOBBS TEST IS ALMOST OVER. I am so ****ing nervous for him! hope he's passed!!!
    :proud:

2 minors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)

2 minors
    YAAAAAAAAY! Congrats, I felt almost as nervous for you as if I was taking the test myself! Now go and drink lots to celebrate...and dojn't think about being designated driver!

ReputationRep:
    Well done

(Original post by dobbs)

2 minors
    :party: :beer:
    so when you getting the car
    and is it as bad as everyone makes out(funnily enough in the PHAIL thread :rofl:) :mute:?

ReputationRep:
    Well done dobbs!

6 weeks to go for me...:eek:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥♥♥)
    :party: :beer:
    so when you getting the car
    and is it as bad as everyone makes out(funnily enough in the PHAIL thread :rofl:) :mute:?
    Haha I need to get a permanent job which brings in enough money to:

a) pay off my student overdraft
    b) pay for christmas and stupid amount of family birthdays over winter
    c) buy a car!!!

And I think it could be, but I think the best advice is to get chatty with the examiner, not all the way through of course, just at the start! He sat down and said "So have you got a busy day?" just smalltalk, and I started going on about the interview and where it was, and handily enough his grandson has been to the place where my interview was for (it's like a kids play centre with a family restaurant) and so he said he liked the place so I chatted to him a bit about that.

But that was only like out of the lane of the test centre, and after that it was pretty quiet. BUT if s/he says anything - I say RESPOND! He said "Do you mind me opening the window?" and I was like "No of course not, it's a gorgeous day, you'd think it was still summer" and that led onto another little conversation. And of course if he'd say "Turn left at the roundabout" I'd say "Left, okie dokie, onto the A19" - makes you look like you know what you're doing and where you're going.

Anyway this is getting TOO LONG now haha. It really wasn't so bad, he was a nice guy. He was ginger though.

(Original post by dobbs)
    Haha I need to get a permanent job which brings in enough money to:

a) pay off my student overdraft
    b) pay for christmas and stupid amount of family birthdays over winter
    c) buy a car!!!

And I think it could be, but I think the best advice is to get chatty with the examiner, not all the way through of course, just at the start! He sat down and said "So have you got a busy day?" just smalltalk, and I started going on about the interview and where it was, and handily enough his grandson has been to the place where my interview was for (it's like a kids play centre with a family restaurant) and so he said he liked the place so I chatted to him a bit about that.

But that was only like out of the lane of the test centre, and after that it was pretty quiet. BUT if s/he says anything - I say RESPOND! He said "Do you mind me opening the window?" and I was like "No of course not, it's a gorgeous day, you'd think it was still summer" and that led onto another little conversation. And of course if he'd say "Turn left at the roundabout" I'd say "Left, okie dokie, onto the A19" - makes you look like you know what you're doing and where you're going.

Anyway this is getting TOO LONG now haha. It really wasn't so bad, he was a nice guy. He was ginger though.
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have my test soon :mute:
    Cue shock of all you guys I haven't told :shock:.

ReputationRep:
    my lesson yesterday was great i did PP and RRC and they have been the best ive done em, instructor saying now i should just concerntrate on manovers as my confidence in driving is there i dont get scared when theres a tight gap or when im meeting a bus on a narrow road, oh and im not stalling so happy hopefully ill be booking my test for the new year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥♥♥)
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have my test soon :mute:
    Cue shock of all you guys I haven't told :shock:.
    :eek: WHEN WHEN WHEN???? You'll do fine, just be calm

(Original post by dobbs)
    :eek: WHEN WHEN WHEN???? You'll do fine, just be calm
    you're never getting it out of me :hmmm: less pressure that way. Hopefully I'll be fine. Don't know whether to have my ADI there though. Be awkward in reverse manouveresand moving off looking over my shoulder and seeing him there :afraid:. :hmmmm:

I don't get this thing about not telling anyone what time your test it etc. Don't be afraid of failing embrace it, and understand it could easily happen. nBut your going to take the test with PMA and do your best.

I say that after doing a mock test and getting 3 majors and 10 minors. Oh I'm great!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Well done dobbs

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.