The Learner driver progression thread Watch

Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just do it as though you're changing lanes, similar principle as you're not usually driving at an angle (I hope!). So left and then right once the kerb's in the middle-ish of your wipers, or whatever focus point you use
sauce
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
oh wow thanks! that's actually really helped! I'm usuaslly fine but it's just sometimes I get a BIT close and sometimes a bit wide :blush:.
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hate pulling up too.
sauce
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
I hate pulling up too.
pulling up buddies :cool:. Don't worry we'll get over it.Just like we got over all our over driving probs!
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i have a tendency to not give pedestrians in the road much space too... ahhhh....
LFDDAP
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
What's it like for people booking tests? In Newcastle there aren't any available until February! Which is a bit of a punchinthe**** because my lessons end in a few weeks time - I'll either get rusty or end up forking out a ****ing fortune for extra lessons.

Is it possible to try other local areas for tests or is it only residents within a certain geographical radius that can do the tests?
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you can do your test anywhere, just depends on which car your using ie if its an instructor one, they may not be happy with you travelling miles. I booked mine a couple of weeks ago and got a date mid december. You could keep checking for cancellations if you think your ready when your lessons end.
Apagg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
oh wow thanks! that's actually really helped! I'm usuaslly fine but it's just sometimes I get a BIT close and sometimes a bit wide :blush:.
Keine Problem fraulein
dobbs
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
In my test I was asked to pull up at the side and pulled in a bit too fast and brushed the curb, but I didn't get marked down for it at all, so don't worry too much about it

(Original post by LFDDAP)
What's it like for people booking tests? In Newcastle there aren't any available until February! Which is a bit of a punchinthecunt because my lessons end in a few weeks time - I'll either get rusty or end up forking out a ****ing fortune for extra lessons.

Is it possible to try other local areas for tests or is it only residents within a certain geographical radius that can do the tests?
Which test centre is that? If you go to the Longbenton test centre (routes go around Longbenton, Benton, Forest Hall, Killingworth, Jesmond, and Wallsend) then you can get booked in for December
jenren22
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My test centre (Leeds) had ones free for next this week! Although i chose one for December :p:.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jenren22)
My test centre (Leeds) had ones free for next this week! Although i chose one for December :p:.
Those would be the cancellations i presume!
jenren22
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well yea probably, but to be honest there were quite a few free, like about 3 on one day and 2 or 1 the next. And absoloutely loads in december!
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thats weird, the wait time for my test would have been a few weeks longer in Barnsley, than Edinburgh.
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I should be put onto my parents insurance So when I go home Ill still be able to drive and I wont forget everything - yay!
Report 11 years ago
My test centre (Leeds) had ones free for next this week! Although i chose one for December
Which test centre in Leeds is it? Harehills?
jenren22
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yea Harehills.
Report 11 years ago
Not meaning to be the bringer of bad news, but the pass rate is (20percent). The lowest in the country. Anyway good luck with it.

By the way it is true the DSA have a quota...
sauce
they dont for sucks fake! :p:
Crystal89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by diamondgeezer)
Not meaning to be the bringer of bad news, but the pass rate is (20percent). The lowest in the country. Anyway good luck with it.

By the way it is true the DSA have a quota...
At the end of the day if you are good enough to pass then they have no choice but to pass you, they can't just get to Thursday morning, see that they have passed the required number of people that week and decide to fail everyone for the next two days, that's ridiculous. If what you're saying is true then why would they even allow people to take tests at the end of the week? If you were passing 90% of candidates then yes, you would probably be checked up on, but equally if you were failing 90% of candidates on Thursday/Friday/Saturdays then I'd imagine there'd be some inquiries as well.

Think about how many reasons you can genuinely fail your test for which seem quite insignificant (for example not looking up and down the road before you reverse in a turn in the road, something that takes a second) and I find it hard to believe that they have to invent reasons to fail people as well, just because they've reached their 'quota'. All this conspiracy talk really doesn't help anyone.
Report 11 years ago
Ermm so explain the DSA Quality Assurance process, meaning that any examiner at the test centre has to be in ten percent(pass fail rate) of the chief examiner at that centre.

How do you like them apples?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (28)
25.93%
No - I got the required grades (66)
61.11%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise