Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I've seen pictures in sigs. So why is it every time I put an image in (complete with image tags), the preview just shows a link to the url?
    It's not a big image (about 135 pixels wide and 40 high), and it's linked to my photobucket account.

Help?

ReputationRep:
    You can't have pictures in sigs here (or in posts, unless they're attachments), as IMG code is off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    You can't have pictures in sigs here (or in posts, unless they're attachments), as IMG code is off.
    Is this a recent thing then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Is this a recent thing then?
    I thought it had always been off (check with one of the mods for sure).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    I thought it had always been off (check with one of the mods for sure).
    Nylex good news Rose in bloom has found a new partner on UKL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Nylex good news Rose in bloom has found a new partner on UKL
    Lol, thank God.

ReputationRep:
    It used to be on I think but there was some vulnerability so it was switched off

ReputationRep:
    It's weird, they've left IMG code on in F51 (though maybe it was on by default and they just haven't turned it off).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Lol, thank God.
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    hehe
    She scares me.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.

Maybe the sigs I saw were in another forum. In which case I'm a bit of an idiot.

I'll re-work the image into an avatar then, so the board doesn't miss out.

ReputationRep:
    Img code was on when I first joined because I remember, somebody had a humongous picture in their sig and ollie had his avatar in his. I believe they turned it off because it was draining the server.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    She scares me.
    Well she did have an obsession with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    It's weird, they've left IMG code on in F51 (though maybe it was on by default and they just haven't turned it off).
    its on in quite a few subforums (eg http://www.uk-learning.net/f39.html), but it looks like noone uses it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    its on in quite a few subforums (eg http://www.uk-learning.net/f39.html), but it looks like noone uses it
    Yeah, I noticed it was on in the Computing subforum too. I guess no-one has noticed it's on.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Yeah, I noticed it was on in the Computing subforum too. I guess no-one has noticed it's on.
    I posted a bunch of smilies in there ages ago but they didn't seem interested

(bunch of nerds)

(Original post by Nylex)
    She scares me.
    lol i knew it, i told her she scared you, she scares me as well - she's too hyperactive.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.