female advice please! Watch

snap-crackle-pop
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
The opening to my vagina tore whilst having sex with my boyfriend last week sometime..it hurt like hell and bled a bit. We waited until it healed before having sex again, but when we did, it just split again, and it's really painfull. (I'm not a virgin btw so I'm not talking about the hymen!)

It now hurts/stings whenever I go to the toilet etc. I just wondered whether this has happened to anyone else? Is there any type of cream that I can buy that'll help it heal? It seems to have torn quite a bit and I'm a bit worried that it'll get infected..
Anonymous #1
Report 11 years ago
I had this happen to me a year ago, it's never fully recovered and still seems to tear again easily. Not much help I know, but it does improve. I'd like to know if anyone has a remedy too.
DressMeDeadly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its never happened to me but if it is something which is happening regularly and doesn't look like it will stop I'd just suggest going to your doctor. It might be worth checking it out in case it is an infection or suchlike.
g010066
Report 11 years ago
Just go to your GP and she/he'll sort you out good and proper (Y)
Jennybean
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OP, I would hazard a guess that this kind of tearing isn't as uncommon as people might think. It's certainly delicate tissue down there. It might be an idea to lay off the sex for a full fortnight or so to really let it heal and then go very gently when you start up again. Meanwhile you could bathe it in warm saline solution but I would avoid using anything stronger, such as an antiseptic, simply because the vagina has a very delicate balance of "friendly" bacteria and if you kill them all off you'll leave yourself open to some nasty yeast infections. Just make sure you keep an eye on it to check it doesn't become infected. The signs of an infection will be heat from the lesion, a reddening or inflamed look to the skin, pain when touched, and possibly some pus. If it does become infected get yourself down to a GP pronto so they can have a look and perhaps get you onto some antibiotics. If it hasn't healed in a couple of weeks of total rest it might be a good idea to let a GP have a look anyway just for the long term benefit. Don't be embarrassed, they see things like that all the time. Hope this helps xx
Isis07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Go to the docs and get sorted

and in future - lube is your friend
Schroedinger's Pandora
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OP it used to happen to me a lot- before I totally gave up on sex and anything remotely sexual.

It's probably more with you being ready and aroused enough, if you man tries to enter you before you're completely ready and lubed, you'll get torn.

If you're having trouble getting aroused you have options:
1. Use lube.
2. Find a man who can arouse you.
3. Teach your boyfriend how to arouse you properley.
4. Or, failing options 2 and 3, just accept that you are now devoid of a satifying sex life and spend the next 3 years telling your boyfriend you're on your period.

(I'm not bitter)
welshleprechaun
Report 11 years ago
Get some 'Durex Play' lube. You can buy it in Tesco.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ I disagree, Durex Play has been the worst lube I've ever used. Well, the regular one sucks, it's kinda sticky & just not very good IMO...the tingle one burnt like hell. The warming one didn't warm at all, but was the best actual lube out of the lot.
Ichamackalooloo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Silkiest)
OP it used to happen to me a lot- before I totally gave up on sex and anything remotely sexual.

It's probably more with you being ready and aroused enough, if you man tries to enter you before you're completely ready and lubed, you'll get torn.

If you're having trouble getting aroused you have options:
1. Use lube.
2. Find a man who can arouse you.
3. Teach your boyfriend how to arouse you properley.
4. Or, failing options 2 and 3, just accept that you are now devoid of a satifying sex life and spend the next 3 years telling your boyfriend you're on your period.

(I'm not bitter)

Post of '07. Thank you.
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you're going to go for lube -KY is surely the daddy. and it's approved by doctors.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
^ I disagree, Durex Play has been the worst lube I've ever used. Well, the regular one sucks, it's kinda sticky & just not very good IMO...the tingle one burnt like hell. The warming one didn't warm at all, but was the best actual lube out of the lot.
:eek: Dear God! The horror of the tingle lube! :eek:

That scary memory aside, I agree with everything she said. Jennybean's advice about letting it heal for a decent length of time is also good. You're going to need to be careful for a while now.
Zoecb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How can you tell when it's healed? You probably didn't wait long enough. I'd give it ample healing time before trying penetration again AND see your GP.
lea164
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pop into your GP to check everythings Ok. They'll probably be able to give you advice about whats happening, why, and how you can prevent it. If its still hurting now you should def get it checked out incase of an infection.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads