Flip Flops Watch

sak-y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
SO...its the perfect weather for wearing pretty little flip flops...butt...they ALWAYS hurt me

The bit that goes in between your big two and your second tow always rubs and becomes so unbearably painful.

Does anyone else get this? found ways to stop it?

Is there anything i should be looking out for in flip flops to make it less likely to happen?
afua12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have the same problem... but I've just bought a pair that I reeeally love, so i was determiend to just get over it lol - i wore them about 3 days in a row, and eventually got used ot them - now they're fine

but lol i would NOT suggest doing htis - it's really stupid lol

H&M have flipflops in atm which are actually really cute and sooo comfortable... they also have practically the same style of reli short wedges which don't have the painful little toe bit, so if they aren't comfortable for you, you could try those instead... go into your lcoal store and have a look
Clarence
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Accessorize flipflops ftw.

Every girl has them.
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
some people just dont seem to have the right kind of feet for flip flops.

sorry i can't help, they always feel fine to me.
Sunnydazzleeyes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my one make a flippy floppy noise when you walk in them
i hate that
people turn round and look at me strangely
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I find the ones with plastic toe posts hurt a lot, so I go for ones with fabric or leather. I've got some lovely sparkly green leather ones from Baratts which don't rub. You can also buy gel pad things that go round the toe posts to protect your feet.
ravenous_soup_dragon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sasha.)
I have the same problem... but I've just bought a pair that I reeeally love, so i was determiend to just get over it lol - i wore them about 3 days in a row, and eventually got used ot them - now they're fine

but lol i would NOT suggest doing htis - it's really stupid lol

H&M have flipflops in atm which are actually really cute and sooo comfortable... they also have practically the same style of reli short wedges which don't have the painful little toe bit, so if they aren't comfortable for you, you could try those instead... go into your lcoal store and have a look
No actually, I think that does work! My mum used to have the same problem but she forced herself to wear a pair all the time on holiday and she eventually just got used to it. I suggest perhaps getting ones with a fabric strap to start with so they don't leave sores and then once you're used to it, get some (probably more trendy) rubber ones. If you do get sores, just cover them up with plasters til your skin gets used to it.

I hope this helps a bit

EDIT: Aah beaten to the fabric suggestion by *Joanna*!
kateyrib
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i got a awful blister one..i just wore clear plasters for a week and now i LIVE in my flip flops
comfyiest things ever

xxxxxx
Fondant Fancy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My feet are like that. I can't seem to wear those thong type flip flops either. I wore a pair of plastic ones once but ended up getting blisters inbetween my toes..
Im going to try them again this summer as I need a pair for the beach. I have fabric ones this time which feel softer.. I spent ages in the shops inspecting the thongy materials to see if they were soft enough lol
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah accessorize ones - thin straps that dont dig in, not like big plasticy ones that do
randomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't wear them either as they hurt me too much
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ugh... feet on show. How I hate flip flops!
Sammi_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ive put a plaster around each toe post in my newest pair to stop them from rubbing, and that seems to have stopped it. I got some from newlook a few years ago that never rubbed which were patent, so i dont know if that had anything to do with it.
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wear flip flops all the time at home and don't even feel them - £1 Tesco ones! However I wore a new pair of freebie ones from a magazine the other day and they were a kind of rough material, rather than the rubbery Tesco ones, but they're not too bad. Go for Tesco ones!

Marks and Spencer's do special rubbery inserts - they fit around the thong so that your big toe and second toe are separated by soft rubber, rather than rough thong. Look for them in the section near tights.
moogle301
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sunnydazzleeyes)
my one make a flippy floppy noise when you walk in them
i hate that
people turn round and look at me strangely
:eek: i love the noise of flippy flops ^______^
and also horses when their feet clippy clop ^______^
edit: 'hooves' (but feet sounds suweeter)

anways, i was convinced i could not wear flip flops same as you and also convinced i could not wear pumps. basically i think pumpwise my feet built up a thick bit of skin which is fine unless you cut your heel or put in inoles (thus making them rub in a different place) im just telling about the pumps because this idea could also work with flip flips

i cannot remembr how i got em to work O__O but both mine do now.. my best friends had shorter toes than me and loved flipflops and i thgouht this was why but seriously i can wear em now. sorry i cant help more but the 2 pairs i have is fro primark and some uber cool pink chunky ones from.... okay sos im useless i cant even remember the name of the shop
emmmerlee
Report 11 years ago
i used to never be able to wear 'flip flops' either and it REALLY bugged me..i tried and tried but they always hurt..quite a few years ago now, my mate made me try on her havaianas and they felt pretty promising so i bought a pair and i've been in them ever since! (different pairs though of course )..i know a lot of people think you're paying for the brand name with havis, but i really do think it's also about the quality

i'm slowly easing my feet into ballet flats now lol..though it's taking a while, i had a nasty incident of the heels last year
Richy_Boi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They call them 'thongs' here. Yes I did chuckle then realised I was 21.
ßlαcksωαn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Richy_Boi)
They call them 'thongs' here. Yes I did chuckle then realised I was 21.
And we laugh at you calling them "flip flops" :rolleyes:

thongs FTW
I kinda think you either have the feet for them or you don't. Try a few different brands, I know some can be dodgy...
Sunnydazzleeyes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i wear my flip flops in the showers especially when im in a hotel when the floor is sometimes dirty ewww
emmmerlee
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blackswan)
And we laugh at you calling them "flip flops" :rolleyes:

thongs FTW
I kinda think you either have the feet for them or you don't. Try a few different brands, I know some can be dodgy...
hooray! thongs! :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.68%
No (588)
72.32%

Watched Threads