Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What Should I do? (Failed A2 twice) Watch

ReputationRep:
    So at AS-Level I achieved BBC, in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology, when I went on to do A2 I ended up getting CDD. Obviously gutted, I knew there was no hope through clearing as I wanted to do Geography (but was willing to do radiology or nursing instead ) as they required at least 280 UCAS Points, so BCC.

In the end I decided to take a gap year and retake as I knew I could do better. I applied to the same universities which all gave me the same offers for the same course, and I knew that I at least needed BCC to get into my insurance or anything else, should worse comes to worse.

Then comes exam time, surely enough I did panic in some exams but there was nothing I could do. On results day this year I was put through clearing again but this time with CCC, one UMS off a B in Geography which my insurance would have accepted. I obviously called countless times but they wouldnt accept me despite the fact the took in people with the same grades as me. (I don't know what else I could have done to convince them) I also called other universities for other subjects of interest but it was still the same answer.

In the end I settled for a different mid league uni but in a language/arts degree, which I'm not very comfortable with, as the thought of future prospects and whether I will enjoy it is starting to frighten me. (I would mention what I was doing and where but because the course is really small and I'm pretty sure I'd be found out lol.)

I haven't started university yet, but as everyday passes I feel as though I'm becoming more and more depressed, because now I'm doing a degree in a 'unique' field which I have never considered before and don't particularly like, (I only agreed as it seemed interesting) employment opportunities seem quite bleak, but i don't know if thats with most BA degrees. I'm also pretty embarrassed having failed A2 twice :/ .

I wanted to do something that compromised with humanities and science or even just science when I think about it now.

I have thought of internships, but nothing of interest has been available, and no I don't believe university isn't for me because I know what I'm capable of and I know its something I want to do. I would really appreciate any advice as I'm so confused and I don't know what else to do.

Please give genuine advice, and thanks for reading this really long post.

ReputationRep:
    bump

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.