The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Graphic Design at Kingston vs CSM as exchange student

I'm from Copenhagen and I've applied for a semester abroad at the BA Graphic Design courses at Kingston and Central Saint Martins. I've been accepted into CSM (still waiting to hear form Kingston), but I was wondering if anyone could share some personal experiences from each course to help me choose. I'm affraid that maybe Kingston is too experimental and focused on idea generation and groupwork and not actual 'printed' graphic design. On the other hand I'm not sure wether the CSM course is resting on it's reputation. I'll be joining the 2nd year in the spring semester. Let me know if I've got it all wrong!
Original post by aahkbh
I'm from Copenhagen and I've applied for a semester abroad at the BA Graphic Design courses at Kingston and Central Saint Martins. I've been accepted into CSM (still waiting to hear form Kingston), but I was wondering if anyone could share some personal experiences from each course to help me choose. I'm affraid that maybe Kingston is too experimental and focused on idea generation and groupwork and not actual 'printed' graphic design. On the other hand I'm not sure wether the CSM course is resting on it's reputation. I'll be joining the 2nd year in the spring semester. Let me know if I've got it all wrong!

Hi :smile:
I study primary education at Kingston and I know it is obviously very different to your graphic design course. I love Kingston it is such a good area. 30 mins to central London and you have Richmond Park. There is a very friendly atmosphere and a good community feel I would recommend it to everyone!

Emily
Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Hi! If you're still curious I might be able to help you out a bit. I just started the graphic design course at Kingston this fall.
Original post by aahkbh

Hi :smile:
Here is a link to the information on your course here at Kingston Uni. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/graphic-design/ On here is also contact numbers where I would advise to ring the course leader as they will be able to give you an in depth explanation as to what the course is all about.

Emily :smile:
Student ambassador
Hi Emily - I'm seriously considering doing Graphic Design MA in 21/22. Are there any other students from this course I could chat with about the course? I've just been to the virtual open day and spoken with the Course Lead, Cathy Gale (she's awesome). Would love to talk to current students or recent graduates though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending