Graphic Design at Kingston vs CSM as exchange student

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Copenhagen and I've applied for a semester abroad at the BA Graphic Design courses at Kingston and Central Saint Martins. I've been accepted into CSM (still waiting to hear form Kingston), but I was wondering if anyone could share some personal experiences from each course to help me choose. I'm affraid that maybe Kingston is too experimental and focused on idea generation and groupwork and not actual 'printed' graphic design. On the other hand I'm not sure wether the CSM course is resting on it's reputation. I'll be joining the 2nd year in the spring semester. Let me know if I've got it all wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aahkbh)
    I'm from Copenhagen and I've applied for a semester abroad at the BA Graphic Design courses at Kingston and Central Saint Martins. I've been accepted into CSM (still waiting to hear form Kingston), but I was wondering if anyone could share some personal experiences from each course to help me choose. I'm affraid that maybe Kingston is too experimental and focused on idea generation and groupwork and not actual 'printed' graphic design. On the other hand I'm not sure wether the CSM course is resting on it's reputation. I'll be joining the 2nd year in the spring semester. Let me know if I've got it all wrong!
    Hi
    I study primary education at Kingston and I know it is obviously very different to your graphic design course. I love Kingston it is such a good area. 30 mins to central London and you have Richmond Park. There is a very friendly atmosphere and a good community feel I would recommend it to everyone!

Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! If you're still curious I might be able to help you out a bit. I just started the graphic design course at Kingston this fall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aahkbh)
    Hi
    Here is a link to the information on your course here at Kingston Uni. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...raphic-design/ On here is also contact numbers where I would advise to ring the course leader as they will be able to give you an in depth explanation as to what the course is all about.

Emily
    Student ambassador

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.