Help needed! How to structure A Level History Essay (Edexcel)

Watch
GreatSuccess24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Edexcel History - In search of the American Dream

My essay is based on Theme 2: The quest for civil rights 1917-80

Question: How far do you agree that migration to the North for African Americans was due to the pull factors rather than the push?

I've got all the info sorted but I'm not sure how to structure the essay so if you could help that would be appreciated! Thanks!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
x
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GreatSuccess24)
Edexcel History - In search of the American Dream

My essay is based on Theme 2: The quest for civil rights 1917-80

Question: How far do you agree that migration to the North for African Americans was due to the pull factors rather than the push?

I've got all the info sorted but I'm not sure how to structure the essay so if you could help that would be appreciated! Thanks!
You could try a yes/no paragraph so paragraph 1 and 2 would be pull factors and, the 3rd and 4th would be push factors.

Maybe try doing main point, 3 evidence, analysis (could be at the end of the three examples or at the end of each) and link to question in each paragraph.
lulucoco98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Introduction

Make a point
Link to the question
Provide evidence
Evaluate and link to question

point,analyse(this suggests, this reinforces the idea that,) evidence(2% blah blah) evaluate; therefore, it is clear that - link to q

Arguments for and and arguments against with the format above!
GreatSuccess24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Firenze26)
You could try a yes/no paragraph so paragraph 1 and 2 would be pull factors and, the 3rd and 4th would be push factors.

Maybe try doing main point, 3 evidence, analysis (could be at the end of the three examples or at the end of each) and link to question in each paragraph.
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.16%
Unhappy (54)
28.42%
Conflicted (92)
48.42%

Watched Threads