The Student Room Group

Help needed! How to structure A Level History Essay (Edexcel)

Edexcel History - In search of the American Dream

My essay is based on Theme 2: The quest for civil rights 1917-80

Question: How far do you agree that migration to the North for African Americans was due to the pull factors rather than the push?

I've got all the info sorted but I'm not sure how to structure the essay so if you could help that would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by GreatSuccess24
Edexcel History - In search of the American Dream

My essay is based on Theme 2: The quest for civil rights 1917-80

Question: How far do you agree that migration to the North for African Americans was due to the pull factors rather than the push?

I've got all the info sorted but I'm not sure how to structure the essay so if you could help that would be appreciated! Thanks!

You could try a yes/no paragraph so paragraph 1 and 2 would be pull factors and, the 3rd and 4th would be push factors.

Maybe try doing main point, 3 evidence, analysis (could be at the end of the three examples or at the end of each) and link to question in each paragraph.
Introduction

Make a point
Link to the question
Provide evidence
Evaluate and link to question

point,analyse(this suggests, this reinforces the idea that,) evidence(2% blah blah) evaluate; therefore, it is clear that - link to q

Arguments for and and arguments against with the format above!
Original post by Firenze26
You could try a yes/no paragraph so paragraph 1 and 2 would be pull factors and, the 3rd and 4th would be push factors.

Maybe try doing main point, 3 evidence, analysis (could be at the end of the three examples or at the end of each) and link to question in each paragraph.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest