Is it too late to make true friends in 2nd year of uni?

Announcements Posted on

I didnt make any friends in first year (well I made a few associates but I cut them off because they were two faced) but tbh my attendance was really bad so maybe I only have myself to blame.

Did anyone here make long-lasting genukne friends in 2nd year and do you have any tips? I def wanna be more involved this year

Bump

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into final year and quite a few of my Uni friends are studying abroad this year and wished I'd known which were the best societies and clubs to join (even though I still hsve enough friends to survive ) so I knoe how you feel

Try and join the most popular societies and clubs and getting to know the people there then take it from there. Did you live in halls for first year? Because people tend to befriend theit first group of friends via flatmates and maybe you missed on that experience. I can't say you'll have friends with a click of your fingers if you join some, as friendships take effort from yourself to make work. It's obviously harder when you're trying with people who already have their friendship groups set in stone from 1st year, they're the most stubborn to break through to but it's better than not trying. Hope this helps

Bump

No i lived at home but thanks for the advice

(Original post by YoungerHamii2014)
    I'm going into final year and quite a few of my Uni friends are studying abroad this year and wished I'd known which were the best societies and clubs to join (even though I still hsve enough friends to survive ) so I knoe how you feel

Try and join the most popular societies and clubs and getting to know the people there then take it from there. Did you live in halls for first year? Because people tend to befriend theit first group of friends via flatmates and maybe you missed on that experience. I can't say you'll have friends with a click of your fingers if you join some, as friendships take effort from yourself to make work. It's obviously harder when you're trying with people who already have their friendship groups set in stone from 1st year, they're the most stubborn to break through to but it's better than not trying. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No i lived at home but thanks for the advice
    It is never too late.

(Original post by Epistemolog y)
    It is never too late.
    Any experience?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by 'true friend' or 'long-lasting genuine friend'?

Of course it's not too late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Any experience?
    Look around you people mature at different ages. Some people in colleges do their A-Levels late. Some go to universities late. Some people change careers. I know its a cliche but if everyone says it must be true right?

(Original post by MathMoFarah)
    What do you mean by 'true friend' or 'long-lasting genuine friend'?

Of course it's not too late?
    Friends that stick by you

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.