The Student Room Group

Is it too late to make true friends in 2nd year of uni?

I didnt make any friends in first year (well I made a few associates but I cut them off because they were two faced) but tbh my attendance was really bad so maybe I only have myself to blame.

Did anyone here make long-lasting genukne friends in 2nd year and do you have any tips? I def wanna be more involved this year
Reply 1
Bump
I'm going into final year and quite a few of my Uni friends are studying abroad this year and wished I'd known which were the best societies and clubs to join (even though I still hsve enough friends to survive :tongue:) so I knoe how you feel

Try and join the most popular societies and clubs and getting to know the people there then take it from there. Did you live in halls for first year? Because people tend to befriend theit first group of friends via flatmates and maybe you missed on that experience. I can't say you'll have friends with a click of your fingers if you join some, as friendships take effort from yourself to make work. It's obviously harder when you're trying with people who already have their friendship groups set in stone from 1st year, they're the most stubborn to break through to but it's better than not trying. Hope this helps :wink:
Reply 3
Bump
Reply 4
No i lived at home but thanks for the advice

Original post by YoungerHamii2014
I'm going into final year and quite a few of my Uni friends are studying abroad this year and wished I'd known which were the best societies and clubs to join (even though I still hsve enough friends to survive :tongue:) so I knoe how you feel

Try and join the most popular societies and clubs and getting to know the people there then take it from there. Did you live in halls for first year? Because people tend to befriend theit first group of friends via flatmates and maybe you missed on that experience. I can't say you'll have friends with a click of your fingers if you join some, as friendships take effort from yourself to make work. It's obviously harder when you're trying with people who already have their friendship groups set in stone from 1st year, they're the most stubborn to break through to but it's better than not trying. Hope this helps :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
No i lived at home but thanks for the advice

It is never too late.
Reply 6
Original post by Epistemolog y
It is never too late.

Any experience?
What do you mean by 'true friend' or 'long-lasting genuine friend'?

Of course it's not too late?
Original post by Anonymous
Any experience?

Look around you people mature at different ages. Some people in colleges do their A-Levels late. Some go to universities late. Some people change careers. I know its a cliche but if everyone says it must be true right?
Reply 9
Original post by MathMoFarah
What do you mean by 'true friend' or 'long-lasting genuine friend'?

Of course it's not too late?

Friends that stick by you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending