Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I think I'm applying to Birmingham, Nottingham, Edinburgh and Sheffield for Medicine with predicted grades being AAA in French, Biology and Chemistry.

I am due to do my UKCAT a week today and I am really struggling on the timing basis, have any of you got any tips? Just wondering how much unis actually take into account those results.

Also, I was wondering how much consideration the Unis take into my personal statement and what they want to hear?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also, I got two Cs at AS Level in French and Maths. I got As in all my units except an E in decision and D in FN2 and I am resitting these units next year. Will unis care about this?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you, my UKCAT this week! I really hope we both do well! Read this,

http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...al-schools.pdf

Bristol love the personal statement with a weight of 70%.

The rest I'm not sure, I got a C and B at AS. I am predicted AAA in bio chem and maths, tbh they only care about that, as long as you can get it then the rest is a bonus I suppose. Then again I only know as much as you.

I wish you all the best with it!

Sta joyful x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, where are you looking at going? I'm stressing so much with all the deadlines!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polly.holden9)
    Thanks, where are you looking at going? I'm stressing so much with all the deadlines!!

Because my the exams I sat this year are external I have to put it in my UCAS application and my AS grades weren't that good. I'll apply with an open mind to KCL - the extended medical degree programme. Barts - the scheme they've got and st Georges. I can't want to leave London so I'll see what they say and if it goes well then yay but if it doesn't then I expected it to be poor.

I can't leave london because I can't afford to pay for accomodation or anything, I can't even pay for university looool thus I must stay home

Wby?

ReputationRep:
    Well turns out I have a predicted grade of a B for French, so I'm looking for med schools that'll take me really and seeing if I can do foundation years at anywhere

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.