The Student Room Group

UKCAT, Personal Statement and generally applying

Hi guys,

I think I'm applying to Birmingham, Nottingham, Edinburgh and Sheffield for Medicine with predicted grades being AAA in French, Biology and Chemistry.

I am due to do my UKCAT a week today and I am really struggling on the timing basis, have any of you got any tips? Just wondering how much unis actually take into account those results.

Also, I was wondering how much consideration the Unis take into my personal statement and what they want to hear?

Thanks
Also, I got two Cs at AS Level in French and Maths. I got As in all my units except an E in decision and D in FN2 and I am resitting these units next year. Will unis care about this?
Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you, my UKCAT this week! I really hope we both do well! Read this,

http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf

Bristol love the personal statement with a weight of 70%.

The rest I'm not sure, I got a C and B at AS. I am predicted AAA in bio chem and maths, tbh they only care about that, as long as you can get it then the rest is a bonus I suppose. Then again I only know as much as you.

I wish you all the best with it!

Sta joyful x
Thanks, where are you looking at going? I'm stressing so much with all the deadlines!!
Original post by polly.holden9
Thanks, where are you looking at going? I'm stressing so much with all the deadlines!!

Because my the exams I sat this year are external I have to put it in my UCAS application and my AS grades weren't that good. I'll apply with an open mind to KCL - the extended medical degree programme. Barts - the scheme they've got and st Georges. I can't want to leave London so I'll see what they say and if it goes well then yay but if it doesn't then I expected it to be poor.

I can't leave london because I can't afford to pay for accomodation or anything, I can't even pay for university looool thus I must stay home :smile:

Wby?
Well turns out I have a predicted grade of a B for French:frown:, so I'm looking for med schools that'll take me really and seeing if I can do foundation years at anywhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending