Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Adding semi-relevant material to personal statement? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I want to study maths at Cambridge and have done a lot of work outside school related to maths, but I've also done a lot of programming (including programming competition) and physics related work outside school. Since they require the same skills and interest as maths should i mention this work in my personal statement or should i just focus on the things i did directly related to mathematics (Although some of the stuff i did in programming and physics led me to discover more things about maths e.g modular arithmetic from replicating RSA, and vector calculus from physics )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziadff1)
    I want to study maths at Cambridge and have done a lot of work outside school related to maths, but I've also done a lot of programming (including programming competition) and physics related work outside school. Since they require the same skills and interest as maths should i mention this work in my personal statement or should i just focus on the things i did directly related to mathematics (Although some of the stuff i did in programming and physics led me to discover more things about maths e.g modular arithmetic from replicating RSA, and vector calculus from physics )
    I think both should be fine as physics is strongly related to maths.
    Also, don't forget PS will be looked at other 4 unis you apply for, and Cambridge knows it, too. So don't cater the contents solely for Cambridge.
    Some universities value extra-curricular stuff, too.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.