The Student Room Group

High enough predicted grades?

So I'm looking to do Spanish and Mangement at uni, with Bath currently my number 1 choice. Along with Exeter, it has grade requirements of AAA but I'm only predicted AABB. Do you think I still have a chance?
What are your AS-level grades? (that is, I assume you're in your second year now and have done AS exams)

What are your four current subjects? and predicted grades in each?

Have you checked any other entry requirement criteria?

How likely do you think you are to meet or exceed those grades, with 4 A-levels (maybe you're taking maths and F.maths idk)?

How good do you think --no how good IS your personal statement?

Yes I think you have a chance. But the answers to these questions will give a more profound answer.
Reply 2
Original post by Kiritsugu
What are your AS-level grades? (that is, I assume you're in your second year now and have done AS exams)

What are your four current subjects? and predicted grades in each?

Have you checked any other entry requirement criteria?

How likely do you think you are to meet or exceed those grades, with 4 A-levels (maybe you're taking maths and F.maths idk)?

How good do you think --no how good IS your personal statement?

Yes I think you have a chance. But the answers to these questions will give a more profound answer.

I'm currently doing Spanish (A), french (A), english (C) and maths (B). The two A predictions are spanish and french, with english and maths both B (AS grades in brackets). Should definitely (hopefully) be able to meet my grades in the languages and I think it is possible, but definitely not guaranteed to get another A in either english or maths, (I'm resitting AS maths).

I have looked at other unis with lower grades don't worry! Just wondered whether I should bother with Bath and Exeter too.

I've had a teacher look over it who said it was very well written (not trying to sound cocky!!) and I've done good work experience etc so I THINK it's okay :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gtmharnett
I'm currently doing Spanish (A), french (A), english (C) and maths (B). The two A predictions are spanish and french, with english and maths both B. Should definitely (hopefully) be able to meet my grades in the languages and I think it is possible, but definitely not guaranteed to get another A in either english or maths, (I'm resitting AS maths).
I have looked at other unis with lower grades don't worry! Just wondered whether I should bother with Bath and Exeter too.
I've had a teacher look over it who said it was very well written (not trying to sound cocky!!) and I've done good work experience etc so I THINK it's okay :':wink:

Yeah you should bother with Bath and Exeter as you seem to have a strong P.S. and done your research and if you think the course really excites you, go for it. Just try your hardest and work smartly, read the guide:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3762349#primary_content

I hope that C in English doesn't put you off. I bet you really need to work hard in that. I am going to resit all my AS modules to get the best chance of getting an average of 80 so then when I get an average of 90 in C3 and C4 I'll get an A*. Also you seem to be taking 4 A-levels so the pressure is going to be very high. It seems as if you're AS in english counts towards your final result, that could be troublesome. I wonder what other people think...
Reply 4
Yeah you should bother with Bath and Exeter as you seem to have a strong P.S. and done your research and if you think the course really excites you, go for it. Just try your hardest and work smartly, read the guide:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3762349#primary_content

I hope that C in English doesn't put you off. I bet you really need to work hard in that. I am going to resit all my AS modules to get the best chance of getting an average of 80 so then when I get an average of 90 in C3 and C4 I'll get an A*. Also you seem to be taking 4 A-levels so the pressure is going to be very high. It seems as if you're AS in english counts towards your final result, that could be troublesome. I wonder what other people think...

The C in english was an internal school mock so won't be seen by unis. Also I messed up one section so am hoping for much more in the exam! How did you do in your maths AS modules??

Yeah it will be a very stressful period but I'm ready!
Original post by gtmharnett
The C in english was an internal school mock so won't be seen by unis. Also I messed up one section so am hoping for much more in the exam! How did you do in your maths AS modules??

Yeah it will be a very stressful period but I'm ready!

I got:
82 - C1
74 - C2
72 - S1

I want to resit all of these to maximise the chances of getting an average of 80 in all. I know I can get 90+ in C1 and Stats and there's no reason why I can't in C2. I need to work really hard though.

I'm glad to hear you're ready!
I got:
82 - C1
74 - C2
72 - S1

I want to resit all of these to maximise the chances of getting an average of 80 in all. I know I can get 90+ in C1 and Stats and there's no reason why I can't in C2. I need to work really hard though.

I wouldn't bother resitting that C1 if I was you, as there is no non calculator work in A2 and to be honest C1 would be a distraction from other units. There is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't get 90+ in C2 and after C3/C4 C2 seems really easy and requires very little revision to do well in.
Reply 7
I got:
82 - C1
74 - C2
72 - S1

They're not bad results!! Good luck with the resits!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending