The Student Room Group

Is Islamophobia a problem in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by theonecenter
My cultural clothing whilst returning from Mosque prayers after college
Moroccan DishDash
Why do you think that wearing certain clothes is important to Allah, or is it just that you like wearing them?
Reply 161
Original post by dingleberry jam
Nothing like a good binge now and then, doesn't look like your excess is only
occasional though. :frown:
Which excess are you talking about? I have many!
Original post by QE2
Why do you think that wearing certain clothes is important to Allah, or is it just that you like wearing them?

Quite.

and why proudly wear the clothing of a culture that punishes people for choosing what or who they believe in (this is why I said I'd laugh just as I'd laugh at someone wearing a KKK clothing out and about)
Original post by QE2

This isn't really religious as such, it is just Moroccan cultural customs, and I quite like wearing them
Original post by AmirahxRashid
Just like to point out to everyone that whatever culture, race or religion you are you must respect each other cos thats how the world is going to get better. Not by being horrible to each other.😡😡 We all have to work together. And to those who dont agree i please ask you to not jugde a book 📚📕by its cover. Because not only does it hurt me but it hurts other people.😭😭😭😭 I try to treat everyone equally no matter what religion. And i suggest everyone should do that if wr are goiing to get anywhere in life😄😄😄😄

You can respect people and be nice to them whilst also detesting their beliefs. Ideologies are not automatically deserving of respect.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You can respect people and be nice to them whilst also detesting their beliefs. Ideologies are not automatically deserving of respect.

...You can?...
Original post by 0to100
...You can?...

Yes.
Yes.

Ok? Now how...? If someone detests something/someone, normally they aren't exactly nice to them.
Original post by 0to100
Ok? Now how...? If someone detests something/someone, normally they aren't exactly nice to them.

People are generally nasty to people who have done things or acted in ways which the person hasn't liked, not normally because of their beliefs.

One of my best friends at uni was a Muslim despite him undoubtedly believing in many parts of Islam that I find disgusting.

Yes i get what you mean but i know that i should be kind to them if i am going to get kindness in return.if you get what i mean. I see no point argueing with anyone because it makes me and the other person upset so just share the love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending