What motivates you to dress nicely on a daily basis? (If you do it)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I want to start getting dressed nicely daily (even if im staying at home or going grocery shopping) because ive noticed that i feel horrible if i havent made any effort into how i look and i feel selfconscious. I dont care if this is vain. Life is too short to not dress your best everyday right?

P.s. Im not talking about a full face of makeup daily. Personally, I dont feel **** w/o makeup thank God as long as i like what im wearing/look presentable

ReputationRep:
    to impress gyaldem

ReputationRep:
    Gives me confidence.

ReputationRep:
    What motivated you to return to this god forsaken website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    to impress gyaldem

^This XD Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be enough motivation to get myself a haircut...or maybe Croydon girls are just meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    Gives me confidence.
    How do you feel when you dont look so good/in a rush?

Does it affect your day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    What motivated you to return to this god forsaken website?
    Just using Twitter and snapchat wasnt cutting it anymore lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    How do you feel when you dont look so good/in a rush?

Does it affect your day?
    Well, for a start my day doesn't go too well, 80% of the time. People don't give me the same warm attention and respect. And I feel kinda crap if dressed in a rush.

Thats just my personal opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I always try to dress nicely. I do my hair & my makeup. Tbh If I don't I feel like *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    Well, for a start my day doesn't go too well, 80% of the time. People don't give me the same warm attention and respect. And I feel kinda crap if dressed in a rush.

Thats just my personal opinion.
    Im exactly the same way. I also feel more productive. Do you think its vanity or selfcare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I always try to dress nicely. I do my hair & my makeup. Tbh If I don't I feel like *****.
    How about at home when you have no plans? Does getting out of your pyjamas and getting dressed help with how productive you feel that day?

ReputationRep:
    The only motivation for me to look like not complete trash is attention from girls.

sorry

ReputationRep:
    How about at home when you have no plans? Does getting out of your pyjamas and getting dressed help with how productive you feel that day?
    No I like to chill at home and do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Im exactly the same way. I also feel more productive. Do you think its vanity or selfcare?

For me self-care, can't say it would be the same for everyone.

Actually, staying in my jammies, makes me more productive as I feel more comfortable and more able to work on uni or work stuff.

If i dress up whilst at home, then all i wanna do is go outside.

ReputationRep:
    I want to start getting dressed nicely daily (even if im staying at home or going grocery shopping) because ive noticed that i feel horrible if i havent made any effort into how i look and i feel selfconscious. I dont care if this is vain. Life is too short to not dress your best everyday right?

P.s. Im not talking about a full face of makeup daily. Personally, I dont feel **** w/o makeup thank God as long as i like what im wearing/look presentable
    I'm in this same sort of mindset at the moment.

Like..it was pouring it down with rain the other week and so I just threw on a hoodie and some jeans to go to Tesco, no makeup with my hair up and what happens??
    I end up seeing 2 high school *****es who I haven't seen in years (we're graduates now). I was like oh f.u.c.k and went to the total opposite side before they saw me because I ****ing hate seeing people from those days and afterwards I ended up bumping right into them when I turned the corner and they looked directly at me as I walked past.

It pissed me off so much that we saw each other because they were all dolled up just for the supermarket and they looked like they're doing well in life and stuff and I looked like **** because I made no effort that day.

So I'm more conscious now of how I present myself when I go out because this **** of bumping into old faces literally always happens when I go to the supermarket.

ReputationRep:
    how you behave on a regular basis ends up affecting your attitude etc
    keeping up my appearance helps me keep up other aspects of my life, it's a like a big circle, the circle of life if you will, the will of circle life, life of will the circle.

i dress nice just to boost up my confidence, after all, the way you dress is the way you are addressed

ReputationRep:
    Tale..

Nah seriously though, makes one feel good looking sharp as opposed to trackies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    i dress nice just to boost up my confidence, after all, the way you dress is the way you are addressed
    Do you do it on a daily basis?

Love that quote

ReputationRep:
    when i realised that i was only going to keep getting older therefore should try dressing good whilst i still look good enough...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.