The Student Room Group

EPQ

Does any universities actually care that we do an EPQ, I am predicted an A*
Reply 1
It is good to put on your personal statement and unis sometimes drop entry requirements for related EPQs like I think Birmingham does
Original post by polly.holden9
Does any universities actually care that we do an EPQ, I am predicted an A*

It is only useless if it has no relation to the course you will be studying. If it is relative to the course, then it emphasises your enthusiasm for your course. Also , remember that the EPQ has given you a lot of information to speak about in your interviews which will be a bonus.
But I remember when i went to the imperial open day and asked the head of engineering about EPQ and he didn't even know what it was!
So its significance may vary upon universities.
If it's relevant to the course, some universities drop a grade (like Bristol for law (doing a law-related EPQ) but regardless, it shows an interest in the course you want to apply to do

+ with medicine, when you go for an interview, its probably something they'll bring up for you to talk bout
Original post by kirstybecs
If it's relevant to the course, some universities drop a grade (like Bristol for law (doing a law-related EPQ) but regardless, it shows an interest in the course you want to apply to do

+ with medicine, when you go for an interview, its probably something they'll bring up for you to talk bout

Ok thank you! I'm applying for medicine and I'm doing my EPQ on 'Moral Dilemmas facing the NHS'. Would they lower a grade?
Original post by polly.holden9
Ok thank you! I'm applying for medicine and I'm doing my EPQ on 'Moral Dilemmas facing the NHS'. Would they lower a grade?

Where are you thinking of applying to? You can usually check on their admissions pages, and if it's not there they'll usually tell you if you enquire to admissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending