The Student Room Group

How much wine would it take to get drunk?

asking this for future reference.
never drank or tried alcohol but im down and stressed and sad inside and would just like to forget everything and the world which i cant even do when i sleep bc nightmares which wake me up in the night and what are making me depressed bc of the graphic images.
the only thing i have in my house is wine and i cant buy my own bc im not 18 for a couple months.
so my question is how much would it take to get drunk in my own house (safely) ? ._. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
never drank or tried alcohol but im down and stressed and sad inside and would just like to forget everything and the world which i cant even do when i sleep bc nightmares which wake me up in the night and what are making me depressed bc of the graphic images.
the only thing i have in my house is wine and i cant buy my own bc im not 18 for a couple months.
so my question is how much would it take to get drunk in my own house (safely) ? ._. :frown:

Don't drink alone. Probably about 1-2 bottles depending on the wine and how fast you drink it.
Reply 2
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
Don't drink alone. Probably about 1-2 bottles depending on the wine and how fast you drink it.

why not? :frown: i cant drink with other ppl bc i dont think my parents would approve and bc i've never drank my friends are really *****y about it so i wouldnt be able to go out with them bc they would probably try and spike me or something for a laugh :/
and bottles? my parents would notice that i think :redface:

Did you just ****ing make that up?

I would've thought 2-3 cups for someone who hadn't had alcohol before.
why not? :frown: i cant drink with other ppl bc i dont think my parents would approve and bc i've never drank my friends are really *****y about it so i wouldnt be able to go out with them bc they would probably try and spike me or something for a laugh :/

Drinking alone is sad, also it can lead to addiction. Drinking alone is because, as you've mentioned, you're lacking in other areas of your life. That is the crutch addiction needs to stand.

It's not rum or vodka, it's wine. It takes half a bottle of rum to get me drunk, so I'd imagine about 1-2 bottles of wine depending on the wine.
(edited 7 years ago)

Don't drink more than a cup if it's your first time.
It depends on tolerance, what type you're drinking, how much you've had before, etc. Rosé wine has me so hyper and giggly after one glass that people just assume I'm a lightweight. But I'll down a bottle of red and a couple rum & cokes and be absolutely fine as long as I've eaten beforehand.*

But as you've said you're under 18, so unless you've permission to drink that bottle don't do it. *
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EricPiphany
Did you just ****ing make that up?

I would've thought 2-3 cups for someone who hadn't had alcohol before.

IDK it's very dependent on the person. It took me 8 shots of rum to get tipsy first time.
Reply 8

Start light, have 1 or 2 glasses or something. I've heard wine can get you drunk pretty fast though so best not to start with wine... Half a pint of beer maybe?

But it sounds like you want to drink because you're depressed. You shouldn't do this. For God's sake you're 17 years old and already want to be like this? You'll be an alcoholic before you're even 20!! Drink with friends to enjoy yourself, not to drown in self-pity and then end up feeling worse afterwards.

Real friends won't spike your drink like that.
(edited 7 years ago)
IDK it's very dependent on the person. It took me 8 shots of rum to get tipsy first time.

Good for you, but I think it's a little irresponsible to suggest two bottles to someone who hasn't had alcohol before.
Original post by EricPiphany
Good for you, but I think it's a little irresponsible to suggest two bottles to someone who hasn't had alcohol before.

I wasn't suggesting him to drink anything. I stated not to drink alone.

Spoiler

Drinking alone is sad, also it can lead to addiction. Drinking alone is because, as you've mentioned, you're lacking in other areas of your life. That is the crutch addiction needs to stand.

It's not rum or vodka, it's wine. It takes half a bottle of rum to get me drunk, so I'd imagine about 1-2 bottles of wine depending on the wine.

idk i would prefer that than getting drunk outside where i could potentially get raped or lost or run over or something :/
and that is true , i just want to switch off and i cant, not even when i sleep i cant so im basically thinking all the time and it exhausts me to the point of tears and falling asleep all the time :redface:

Original post by sinfonietta
It depends on tolerance, what type you're drinking, how much you've had before, etc. Rosé wine has me so hyper and giggly after one glass that people just assume I'm a lightweight. But I'll down a bottle of red and a couple rum & cokes and be absolutely fine as long as I've eaten beforehand.*

But as you've said you're under 18, so unless you've permission to drink that bottle don't do it. *

it would be white whine.
and i dont have permission, but then again i dont have permission for many things but i do them anyway :redface: being on TSR as one example :redface:
idk i would prefer that than getting drunk outside where i could potentially get raped or lost or run over or something :/
and that is true , i just want to switch off and i cant, not even when i sleep i cant so im basically thinking all the time and it exhausts me to the point of tears and falling asleep all the time :redface:

This is a problem that alcohol can't fix. Curb your neurotic tendencies. If you want to continue this conversation in more detail in pm, I'm here.
Original post by UWS
Start light, have 1 or 2 glasses or something. I've heard wine can get you drunk pretty fast though so best not to start with wine... Half a pint of beer maybe?

But it sounds like you want to drink because you're depressed. You shouldn't do this. For God's sake you're 17 years old and already want to be like this? You'll be an alcoholic before you're even 20!! Drink with friends to enjoy yourself, not to drown in self-pity and then end up feeling worse afterwards.

Real friends won't spike your drink like that.

thank you and it is bc i have nothing else, i wouldnt be able to get beer :redface:
and no i dont want to end up a alcoholic but i just want things to stop and to not be conscious and to be worrying/thinking all the time :redface:
and i dont trust them not to :/
Consuming that much alcohol at once for your first time is very dangerous. This isn't the way to deal with how you are feeling it won't solve your problems, it will make them much worse. Please reach out to someone and don't go through this alone. Speaking to someone about why your sad and stressed will make dealing with the emotions much more manageable. If you drink enough to make you forget for a while it doesn't mean it won't still be there when you sober up and when you are sober again it will seem much more stressful. So please try avoid alcohol and any other intoxicants while feeling this way as you may think it's a quick solution that will help in the short term but in the long term the things that are getting you down and stressed will build up and overwhelm you more. As for your nightmares this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Maybe speaking to your GP or school support manager to see if there's anyone they can refer you to who can help to find the cause of your dreams as well as helping you deal with them and make them go away. Being proactive is the only way things will get better, you won't find your answers in the bottom of a bottle. So please seek help if you can.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
It depends on these factors;
tolerance, size, weight, gender, if you've eaten, alc content, speed, age, genetics and a couple more.

suffice to say a bottle will get you well on your way.
It depends entirely on the person. I've known people that will be quite tipsy off a single glass of wine. I have a pretty high tolerance to alcohol (experience really helps) so I can quite happily drink an entire bottle without really feeling much.

Skinny people tend to get drunk easier than larger people, too.
Half a bottle, I've done it before... many times actually. But I'm a light way so :erm:

This thread kinda makes me want to go downstairs and buy some wine but I haven't drank in a month and I'm pretty proud of that but I feel bad so
Reply 18
Original post by bluemadhatter
Half a bottle, I've done it before... many times actually. But I'm a light way so :erm:

This thread kinda makes me want to go downstairs and buy some wine but I haven't drank in a month and I'm pretty proud of that but I feel bad so

Nooo, don't do that :frown:

What's up B? PM me if you wanna talk
Original post by bluemadhatter

dont do that maya or ill slap u and i mean it :/
:hugs:

Latest