Turn on thread page Beta

United States Presidential Election 2004 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamas)
    I care, but vienna will just stick her fingers in her ears and yell "LA LA LA LA LA."

Don't worry, Bush will be gone in November. If Bush and Kerry are neck and neck in the polls, then Kerry has won. Historically 'undecided' voters split 75% - 25% in favour of the challenger or something like that. Plus, Nader voters will probably chicken out and vote Kerry to get rid of Bush.
    I don't think Bush will be gone. Kerry is running a pisspoor campaign and has failec to "connect" with the majority of Americans;over 50% cannot tell you what Kerry stands for or believes in.

If Kerry doesn't make himself known real soon then it'll be "better the Devil you know" on polling day.

ReputationRep:
    I care, but vienna will just stick her fingers in her ears and yell "LA LA LA LA LA."
    actually i noticed that Vienna who is normally so quick to disprove what i say hasn't said anything because (shocked here btw) i'm right and i have a valid reason for why Bush must go. Now i need to inform the American public.....

ReputationRep:
    I think bush is the biggest loser currently to set foot on this planet... Of course Kerry will win, unless the Stupid American Idiots who voted for Bush in the first place dont see right through him and his Idiotic Administration and the people vote for him again...

He keeps blabbering on and on about how the US should should protect democracy and freedom??? Well.. .that is such Turd, for he wasnt even elected in a fair democratic election!!! He needed his dads cronies and his Brother to win the election for him...!!!!

If the Americans vote for the loser who cannot even read and speak in a straight humanly manner without having to stop every 5 seconds to think of what to say i will seriously be worried about the American people --- especially as the control more than half the worlds economies :eek: !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna)
    personally i dont think public opinion can be compared, but i didnt say his position was 'contradictory'(to what?) as such, just that i dont find any merit in asserting opposing principles on political and personal levels, for this issue. since the question was to find reason why an american would not vote for Kerry, i found this to be an example of why some consider him untrustworthy.

so where do i suggest anything but the facts? where is my distortion?

fabricated? this is a legitimate criticism from some in the pro-life camp, and a reason why some people, media and public alike, view him with scepticism. bearing in mind i was asked to provide examples of why not to vote for Kerry, i went for something i know is a common opinion, and not just my own intepretation of.
    i think its classic Kerry, thinking one thing, doing another and then saying another. you may find merit in it, im highly wary of it.
    That's your distortion, that's your fabrication. Kerry's position on abortion is entirely consistent and open for all to see.

ReputationRep:
    That's your distortion, that's your fabrication. Kerry's position on abortion is entirely consistent and open for all to see.
    i assert what he did. no commentary or assessment there.

then i say, "i find scepticism in it, you might find merit in it". where is the distortion?!?

ReputationRep:
    i assert what he did. no commentary or assessment there.

then i say, "i find scepticism in it, you might find merit in it". where is the distortion?!?
    How can you claim that he was thinking one thing, doing another then saying yet another?

He thinks, does and says the same thing with regards to abortion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    He has to have some amount of command for the english language.. or he wouldn't have been accepted into harvard or yale.. let alone both.

What u idiots dont understand is that the only reason bush ever got into any of those Unis was because of his NAME......... BUSH................ his DAD...........

I think you need to read Stupid White MEn by Michael Moore. Even though it is his opinion it makes you rethink about bush...............

ReputationRep:
    How can you claim that he was thinking one thing, doing another then saying yet another?

He thinks, does and says the same thing with regards to abortion.
    he thinks abortion is wrong. his policy creation doesnt reflect that and then he gives his reasons for being related to religion.

ReputationRep:
    he thinks abortion is wrong. his policy creation doesnt reflect that and then he gives his reasons for being related to religion.
    A moral position on something and a legal position on something are entirely different entities. He thinks abortion is wrong for religious reasons, fair enough. Doesn't mean he has to force it upon everyone else using the law.

ReputationRep:
    A moral position on something and a legal position on something are entirely different entities. He thinks abortion is wrong for religious reasons, fair enough. Doesn't mean he has to force it upon everyone else using the law.
    that is your standpoint, you find merit in it as i suggested. im sceptical of his standpoint in relation to his views on abortion specifically. i wasnt trying to distort anything to suit my opinion rather showing what it suggests to those who find such a position untenable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    actually i noticed that Vienna who is normally so quick to disprove what i say hasn't said anything because (shocked here btw) i'm right and i have a valid reason for why Bush must go. Now i need to inform the American public.....
    you may well be right, but my lack of response was because im involved in my own set of forum "politics" at the moment chaps. i only have one pair of hands. i commend the attempt to draw me in to a reply though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    Does nobody here care about the fact that the Bush administration is making people dissapear into thin air or more accurately into countries where they have an influence and torture is allowed?
    can you elaborate on this because i cant reply to something i cant relate to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    He keeps blabbering on and on about how the US should should protect democracy and freedom??? Well.. .that is such Turd, for he wasnt even elected in a fair democratic election!!!
    What was unfair about the democratic election? Democrats wanted the votes counted over and over again. Bush was the winner every time. What's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    What was unfair about the democratic election? Democrats wanted the votes counted over and over again. Bush was the winner every time. What's the problem?
    Maybe he meant that the American Election system isn't democratic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    What u idiots dont understand is that the only reason bush ever got into any of those Unis was because of his NAME......... BUSH................ his DAD...........

I think you need to read Stupid White MEn by Michael Moore. Even though it is his opinion it makes you rethink about bush...............
    If you think Bush got into Yale and Harvard because of his name, you could say the same thing about Kerry. Kerry is a descendent of the Forbes family. His middle name is 'Forbes'. He was educated at elite boarding schools in the US and in Europe. It can be argued (not by me...I think it is irrelevant) that Kerry got into Yale because of his family background.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    If you think Bush got into Yale and Harvard because of his name, you could say the same thing about Kerry. Kerry is a descendent of the Forbes family. His middle name is 'Forbes'. He was educated at elite boarding schools in the US and in Europe. It can be argued (not by me...I think it is irrelevant) that Kerry got into Yale because of his family background.
    However, no one is suggesting that Kerry does not have the intellect or academic skills required to justify a place at Yale, some would question whether Georgie does....

ReputationRep:
    can you elaborate on this because i cant reply to something i cant relate to.
    see the article posted on the previous page

ReputationRep:
    still no answer though!! I'm sorry i couldn't find anymore concrete evidence than the newspaper article however the US government hardly leave this kind of information on the internet and you don't seem to have found any evidence to disprove it.

ReputationRep:
    In regards to the academic records for both candidates, I've heard that Kerry was also a C student, so I don't think either of them necessarily "earned" his way into an Ivy League school. Then again, most people who go to the prestige schools get there because of their connections, so this isn't a real shocker.

Kerry's academic superiority to Bush is more or less his ability to cultivate an aire of intelligence and pretentiousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    In regards to the academic records for both candidates, I've heard that Kerry was also a C student, so I don't think either of them necessarily "earned" his way into an Ivy League school. Then again, most people who go to the prestige schools get there because of their connections, so this isn't a real shocker.
    For an example closer to home, Prince Charles got into Cambridge.

(Original post by psychic_satori)
    Kerry's academic superiority to Bush is more or less his ability to cultivate an aire of intelligence and pretentiousness.
    I think theres a lot to be said for that. The impression of intelligence is more valuable than its actual posession when it comes to politics.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.