I am nervous

    • Thread Starter

    To whoever reads this.

    Basically, I used to live with my Dad who was on a good income meaning my household income was only enough to borrow £3821 a year.

    However, I am no longer in contact with him, and as a result, live with my Mother (my parents are divorced.) She owns her own business, meaning she is on no income, with her profit only being £1300 last year. As a result, she is able to claim NHS tax credits, child credit, and various other state benefits.

    Yet, SFE thinks I do not need this. I have filled out the appeals form over a week ago and have had no word. I need to be able to borrow more to pay for college fees (I am going to Durham.) When will they get back to me, as I need to get it sorted out before 2nd October (when term starts.) I have only found the form for parents today, so SFE should get this by at least Wednesday. If for some reason SFE are reading this, please contact me.

    As well as this, will I be able to claim a maintenance grant?

    Please let me know guys.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team
Electronic notes or handwritten notes?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.