Turn on thread page Beta

Who dislikes the x-box because of Bill Gates? watch

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day it is his fault that we have to pay ridiculous prices for software that has dominated the computing world but should this prejudice affect his x-box sales considering that the price is acceptable for all us poor people and the components were partly built by intel, nvidia, seagate and columbia (off the top of my head)?
    All microsoft did was piece them together.
    I mean come on Gatesy isn't that bad, he does donate to charity. (70% of all of his profits in fact)

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it because powerful consoles don't guarantee good games.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problems with the X-box, it does what it is supposed to do quite well, although, saying that, you still can't get linux on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I have no problems with the X-box, it does what it is supposed to do quite well, although, saying that, you still can't get linux on it.
    Yes you can. Though why one would want to is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Yes you can. Though why one would want to is beyond me.
    I thought that was just for PS2.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was just for PS2.
    No, chipped xbox does it. Quite obvious really as the xbox is basically a downsized PC anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    No, chipped xbox does it. Quite obvious really as the xbox is basically a downsized PC anyway.
    True, but it is a much bigger feat getting it onto PS2 though.

ReputationRep:
    True, but it is a much bigger feat getting it onto PS2 though.
    An equally pointless one, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    An equally pointless one, however.
    and it was eually pointless to build a computer in a card board box, but it was cool.

ReputationRep:
    and it was eually pointless to build a computer in a card board box, but it was cool.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ashen1/...uild/intro.htm

ReputationRep:
    Er, you can get Linux on Xbox. Although I have no idea why anyone would even WANT to use it. You can do all kinds of crazy stuff with a modded Xbox.

ReputationRep:
    modded xbox is the dogs, cheap plays any videos and makes M$ a loss, my advice get one before theyre ruled illegal

ReputationRep:
    LMAO

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.