The Student Room Group

Do I drop Critical Thinking?

I just started year 12 and I had chosen to do critical thinking. After a couple of lessons, I feel like I haven't learned anything and the teacher sets a lot of homework.

I don't know whether I should continue doing it or drop it and focus on my other subjects, do any of you have advice as to whether CT will actually help me and if any of you have experience with it, what was it like.

Thank you :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by swang17
I just started year 12 and I had chosen to do critical thinking. After a couple of lessons, I feel like I haven't learned anything and the teacher sets a lot of homework.

I don't know whether I should continue doing it or drop it and focus on my other subjects, do any of you have advice as to whether CT will actually help me and if any of you have experience with it, what was it like.

Thank you :smile:

What do you want to study at uni? What do entry requirements seem to say about it? I know that for some courses and some unis, critical thinking is excluded/not accepted as a subject in offers.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
What do you want to study at uni? What do entry requirements seem to say about it? I know that for some courses and some unis, critical thinking is excluded/not accepted as a subject in offers.

I am thinking about going into medicine although that isn't certain yet
Original post by swang17

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/course/medicine-mbbch

AAA grades at A2 level. Students must offer three A2 level subjects which should normally include Chemistry and Biology. Applicants undertaking Science GCE A levels where a separate practical endorsement is reported will require a pass in this element. General Studies, Critical Thinking and Further Mathematics are not acceptable at A2 Level.

Looked up Cardiff as an example, CT will not count to your offer. Would drop it tbh, no need to do that kind of extra work and see 0 return.
Reply 5
For most Russell Group universities, none of them care about General Studies or Critical Thinking. I'd say to drop it.
Criticaly Think about, idiot
Original post by swang17

If you're considering medicine or law then CT can be very helpful in doing well in the UKCAT and LNAT exams...but wont usually be directly included in any offer requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest