DSA for new student accomodation

    • Thread Starter

    Long story short-I applied for DSA in March, and it turns out they lost my paperwork. As a result, my assessment is now not til this wednesday due to lecture clashes. As a result, due to issues with money, I've been put in the party accomodation, alongside a shared partying block. I made it clear on my accommodation application that I had Autism and have frequent panic attacks and would like a quiet flat but clearly they didn't take that into consideration. People on the accom facebook pages have been advertising for swapping into a louder flat because theirs is quiet. I want to give them mine but I'm don't think i could afford it now with money circumstances getting worse. Would DSA subsidize the difference to get an en suite to help me with this when I go to my assessment Wednesday?


    There have been changes to the rules regarding accomoodation and DSA; but I can never quite remember what they are.

    But you'd only get the difference in cost (which you pay first and then claim back) if your disability means you need en suite.

    DSA funding no longer covers the difference in standard and en suite accommodation costs - if you need an en suite for disability related reasons the university shouldn't charge you more.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.