The Student Room Group

Golden Grahams - Have They Been Discontinued?

Not too long ago, I went through a phase of being obsessed with the breakfast goodness of Golden Grahams - they were all I had for breakfast for maybe a month or so. But all of a sudden, I was suddenly unable to find any anywhere. Cinnamon Grahams, I had no toruble finding. But I like Golden, dammit!

So I was wondering if anyone knew anything official. Because I wanna be able to rejoice in the taste of gold once again. That, and, if they have been discontinued but Cinnamon haven't, then that's totally unfair because Cinnamon suck. And that'd make the total count of discontinued cereals that totally rule to...2 (the first being Lucky Charms)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
o yeah! I'd completely forgotten these! I used to eat these a lot when i was younger and also went through a phase of eating them loads, only, not just for breakfast!

I just looked them up on the net and wikipedia says:
"With a salt content of 2.5 grams per 100 grams, Golden Grahams is one of the saltiest cereals - sea water comes in at 3.5 grams per 100 g."

as the description of the cereal. Didn't the government just bring in new rules for salt content in foods? Maybe GG can't taste right without the salt so they are stopping them. Either that or they are just temporarily stopped while they develop a new recipe with the correct quoters
"I may be out of touch, but I've eaten a Golden Graham!"
Reply 3
Rargh, what's that quote from?!

Anyway, Golden Grahams kick arse. Never had the chance to taste Lucky Charms, but yes, hopefully they're just trying to get the correct quota and still make them taste the same. Cinnamon in most forms is rank, too.
Dinendal Leralonde
Not too long ago, I went through a phase of being obsessed with the breakfast goodness of Golden Grahams - they were all I had for breakfast for maybe a month or so. But all of a sudden, I was suddenly unable to find any anywhere. Cinnamon Grahams, I had no toruble finding. But I like Golden, dammit!

So I was wondering if anyone knew anything official. Because I wanna be able to rejoice in the taste of gold once again. That, and, if they have been discontinued but Cinnamon haven't, then that's totally unfair because Cinnamon suck. And that'd make the total count of discontinued cereals that totally rule to...2 (the first being Lucky Charms)

They're still around. You just need to go shopping at Asda more often :smile:
Reply 5
I remember lucky charms.
I cant be the only one that used to eat the charms and put the cereal back in the box. :wink:
Reply 6
Golden Grahams are the gods of cereals. I go through phases where I just can't stop eating them.
Reply 7
I remember these! And the cinnamon ones, right?

JC.
I remember lucky charms.
I cant be the only one that used to eat the charms and put the cereal back in the box. :wink:

Me too - well I ate the cereal but I put back about half of the marshmallows :biggrin: Too many for my liking!!
Warrior King
They're still around. You just need to go shopping at Asda more often :smile:

Nope, can't even find them there. It's like Nottingham is a Golden-free zone.
They have stopped selling them :frown:
Reply 10
mm golden and cinnamon grahams. theyre still selling them around here and theyre still on the website :s-smilie:
Reply 11
You can still get the cinnamon ones so i assume they are still around.
Yeah, I can only find the Cinnamon ones as well. It sucks!
I dont even like the Cinnamon ones. Arghhhh.
Reply 13
hehe - i prefer the cinammon ones! :biggrin:
I can't get them down here either!
Cinammon FTW :biggrin:
Awww I want some now
Im sure you'll be able to find some in Selfridges (if there's one near to you). They sell loads of random American food, and i'm sure i've seen them sell Lucky Charms.

Might be worth a try.
Kittennffc
Im sure you'll be able to find some in Selfridges (if there's one near to you). They sell loads of random American food, and i'm sure i've seen them sell Lucky Charms.

Might be worth a try.

They may sell lots of decent random American brands, but they do so at ridiculous sky high prices. A mean the cost of a box of Lucky Charms could be the equivalent of a main course at a half-decent restaraunt.

Oh well that's Selfridges prices for you! :p:
Reply 17
OOo lets hope they have been !!!, they were vile and had a strange taste too;please;
Reply 18
You can still get them - they've changed the name to Curiously Cinnamon now. Waitrose stock them. :smile:
Reply 19
I was wondering what had happened to these, not seen them for ages and I love them (not the cinnamon ones).

Quick Reply

Latest