Turn on thread page Beta

dumb question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im just wondering, if it takes me 35/40 minutes to walk somewhere, how long will it take me on a pushbike?

Ive never properly used a bike so just wondered.

ReputationRep:
    It depends entirely on velocity.

edit: Velocity depends on other factors but time of travel depends on velocity.

ReputationRep:
    It also depends on how busy the streets are, if you have to cycle on the road in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Going up/down hill? Flat ground? What gear? How heavy are you? Hair colour? How much have you eaten that day? Seeing you're a girl how big/heavy are your breasts?

Take all of these factors into account and you'll be able to get an accurate reading on how quickly you shall reach your destination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    It also depends on how busy the streets are, if you have to cycle on the road in Manchester.
    (Original post by Captain Scarlet)
    Going up/down hill? Flat ground? What gear? How heavy are you? Hair colour? How much have you eaten that day? Seeing you're a girl how big/heavy are your breasts?

Take all of these factors into account and you'll be able to get an accurate reading on how quickly you shall reach your destination.
    These are some of the factors to which I was referring in my post :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    Im talking about 5.30pm in a town, can't I ride on the pavements? Hardly anyone walks on them lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    Im talking about 5.30pm in a town, can't I ride on the pavements? Hardly anyone walks on them lol.
    That's one of countless factors. In short, we could give you an answer but it will more likely be wrong than right.

ReputationRep:
    average is 20mins to walk a mile
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art20257.asp

so you've got roughly 2 miles there

average cycling speed is about let's say 15mph

so 8 minutes.

course, it depends whether you walk/cycle faster than average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    average is 20mins to walk a mile
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art20257.asp

so you've got roughly 2 miles there

average cycling speed is about let's say 15mph

so 8 minutes.
    Finally, thanks:p: Not sure if I cycle the average speed but still.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.