Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Are private career agencies worth approaching?

ReputationRep:
    Also, how much do they charge you?

Could you give us any less information?

Nobody is going to say yes or no, because it depends on a lot of factors. Its a service and like anything else some will be good and some won't be,
    If you do some research then you can find out their prices.
    You havent even saud what you want.
    You can also compare that against what you can teach yourself.

Do they guarantee results? What do you expect them to provide?

ReputationRep:
    The majority of large companies I work with will rely on recruitment companies to a certain extent. These will be professional organisations that support the matching of talent (you?) and a suitable employer.

Really good companies include Rullion, Manpower etc in the engineering tech space.

I operate on behalf of the energy and utility sector and have seen that these companies can offer a great service. Typically the employing organisation pays the associated fees RATHER than the individual. IF someone is asking for money to find you a job be suspicious!

Best wishes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Could you give us any less information?

Nobody is going to say yes or no, because it depends on a lot of factors. Its a service and like anything else some will be good and some won't be,
    If you do some research then you can find out their prices.
    You havent even saud what you want.
    You can also compare that against what you can teach yourself.

Do they guarantee results? What do you expect them to provide?

Sorry about that... I am looking for roles like Consultant and Business Analyst... I am an international student currently studying MBA and will be graduating in February...

So my initial question was whether the job agencies deliver guaranteed results given my visa requirements???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talent Source Network - Aidan)
    The majority of large companies I work with will rely on recruitment companies to a certain extent. These will be professional organisations that support the matching of talent (you?) and a suitable employer.

Really good companies include Rullion, Manpower etc in the engineering tech space.

I operate on behalf of the energy and utility sector and have seen that these companies can offer a great service. Typically the employing organisation pays the associated fees RATHER than the individual. IF someone is asking for money to find you a job be suspicious!

Best wishes

Thanks for the advice... Much appreciated...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s0vvy_blu3s)
    Sorry about that... I am looking for roles like Consultant and Business Analyst... I am an international student currently studying MBA and will be graduating in February...

So my initial question was whether the job agencies deliver guaranteed results given my visa requirements???
    No one can give you an guarantee of a job given your visa requirements. An agency can help you find organisations that are willing to support international applicants and will be able to provide insight/guidance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.