Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm hoping to apply for Primary PGCE later this year, I have some classroom experience and I'm looking to get some more but most places require a DBS check but won't provide it themselves. I get that because it's a hassle for them etc.
    I'm wondering if there's anyway I can get a DBS check without going through a school? When I googled there seemed to be some websites (example: https://www.personnelchecks.co.uk/how-to-apply/) that offer it for a price (which I would be willing to do) but I'm not sure if they are legitimate or not?

ReputationRep:
    This is a link to the official DBS part of the UK gov website https://www.gov.uk/find-dbs-umbrella-body

This should show you how to get in touch with an organisation who can give you a legitimate DBS certificate

Also, they can cost almost fifty quid to get done :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sek510i)
    This is a link to the official DBS part of the UK gov website https://www.gov.uk/find-dbs-umbrella-body

This should show you how to get in touch with an organisation who can give you a legitimate DBS certificate

Also, they can cost almost fifty quid to get done :/
    This link was so helpful thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    We had to do the, through work recently as we're currently working in a school.
    I'm afraid I don't know the webpage. But I do know they cost £75 each and took 7-10 days to arrive.
    Don't know if that will help you at all but just thought I'd share it anyway.
    But it seems like you've got the link which has worked for you so good good!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by vb23)
    You have probably seen from the link, but if you expect to be going for multiple DBS checks than you should consider the online update service whereby your employer cna simply check your status online. I think its £19 for the year. Save you having to keep going through the process as its only valid for the day it was issued.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vb23)
    Glad I could help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.