The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2017/18

I have realised that no one made a new physiotherapy applicants page yet. So here it is.
Is anyone ready with their application yet? I am looking to send my UCAS through, within a week. I am applying to Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret and Robert Gordon.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

Yes sent my application off last week. Already rejected from Liverpool for grade C Maths at GCSE, guess I should've read the entry requirements a little closer haha, good luck to everyone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, I have finished my application, its currently in the hand of my tutor while he writes my reference, so hopefully it will be sent of fairly soon. I am applying to Nottingham, Keele, Brighton, Sheffield Hallam and Worcester. Good Luck Everyone.
I guess we are one of the first to sent the applications off; I do not think we are going to hear any sooner though :frown:
Good luck anyway!
Which university did you apply?
Has anyone got any idea of the interview process for the universities? From what I heard at the Birmingham open day their interview involves a task in which you are presented with a video and the questioned on it , followed by an interview.

Has anyone else heard about the interview procedure at any other unis?
22 year old here hoping to study physio next year - applying to Bournemouth, Southampton and Bristol UWE. I have some work experience lined up before the application deadline so holding fire on finishing my statement until then!

Anyone here having to ask an employer for a reference? I have to because I left school a while ago and I'm a bit worried because the schools know exactly how and what to write but I'm not sure my employer would be as clued up.
I applied last week to Nottingham, Birmingham, Kings, Nortumbria and St Georges and haven't heard anything yet. I got emails saying Nottingham, Birmingham and St Georges were reading my application though.
Original post by Adam_Nolan
Has anyone got any idea of the interview process for the universities? From what I heard at the Birmingham open day their interview involves a task in which you are presented with a video and the questioned on it , followed by an interview.

Has anyone else heard about the interview procedure at any other unis?

I've been invited to an interview at UEA. They said that you get a campus tour, have 4 mini interviews and then have to do a maths and English test. I think most unis do multiple mini interviews where you talk to lots of people and I know Southampton does group interviews with other applicants.
Reply 9
Hiya Lucyperry99,

When is your interveiw for UEA? I'm going to send my application off tomorrow so hopefully I'll hear something soon!
Original post by Shortdog
Hiya Lucyperry99,

When is your interveiw for UEA? I'm going to send my application off tomorrow so hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Hey, my interview is November 30th. They received my application and asked me for an interview the next day so they're working through them as they recieve them. Where are you applying to?
Original post by lucyperry99
Hey, my interview is November 30th. They received my application and asked me for an interview the next day so they're working through them as they recieve them. Where are you applying to?

Good for you! I'm hoping UEA invite me to interview, I thought there course was the best by far.

I'm also applying for Northumbria, York, Cardiff and Sheffield Hallam. Really want to go to UEA though!

What about yourself?
Original post by Shortdog
Good for you! I'm hoping UEA invite me to interview, I thought there course was the best by far.

I'm also applying for Northumbria, York, Cardiff and Sheffield Hallam. Really want to go to UEA though!

What about yourself?

Ahh good luck, keep me updated!! What are your predicted grades?
I'm applying to Keele, UEA, Cardiff, Southampton and Bournemouth.
Reply 13
Original post by gemmacurriee
22 year old here hoping to study physio next year - applying to Bournemouth, Southampton and Bristol UWE. I have some work experience lined up before the application deadline so holding fire on finishing my statement until then!

Anyone here having to ask an employer for a reference? I have to because I left school a while ago and I'm a bit worried because the schools know exactly how and what to write but I'm not sure my employer would be as clued up.

Hi, I'm a 24 year old applying for next year, just asked my employer for a reference as well...bit worrying that his response was "sure but if I don't have the time I'll just let you write it" I'm like "yeah maybe find the time?!" I guess the universities will see that the reference has come from someone who isn't a teacher and take that into account. Fingers crossed for a successful application!

Chris
Reply 14
I'm worried because I have still gotta wait for my reference to go through before i submit my application. Do you guys still think I will be fine? I am applying to mmu, northumbria, york, huddersfield and leeds
Original post by cdbr225
Hi, I'm a 24 year old applying for next year, just asked my employer for a reference as well...bit worrying that his response was "sure but if I don't have the time I'll just let you write it" I'm like "yeah maybe find the time?!" I guess the universities will see that the reference has come from someone who isn't a teacher and take that into account. Fingers crossed for a successful application!

Chris

My reference seemed a bit daunted by the process too but I said I'd help as much as possible (give details of achievements etc.) so hopefully it will go okay! I would imagine the unis take that into account, yes. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by rachdach
I'm worried because I have still gotta wait for my reference to go through before i submit my application. Do you guys still think I will be fine? I am applying to mmu, northumbria, york, huddersfield and leeds

The deadline for applications isn't until mid January and I would assume that they have to go through all applications so I wouldn't worry. I'm holding fire on my application because of work experience (got my last bit coming up mid November) so I don't want to submit before having something else to write about in my statement!

I honestly wouldn't worry, good luck :smile:
Hi there. I have applied to Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton but havent heard anything yet - has anyone else? Any idea how long it might take to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Broysgol3
Hi there. I have applied to Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton but havent heard anything yet - has anyone else? Any idea how long it might take to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied to UEA, Keele, Southampton, Cardiff and Bournemouth. Only heard from UEA who responded the day after I sent my application
Original post by lucyperry99
I've applied to UEA, Keele, Southampton, Cardiff and Bournemouth. Only heard from UEA who responded the day after I sent my application

Hey - well done on hearing from UEA! It is horrible waiting to hear and not knowing how long it might take, isn't it? I was hoping because I applied early it might be a quick response! Obviously not. Good luck anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest