The Student Room Group

Applying to an AAA uni with A*AB predicted

Realistically what kind of chance do I stand when applying to a course that requires AAA when my predicted grades are A*AB?
The entry requirements for all my other choices are AAB or lower.
Should I just go for it?
(I am planning on applying for biomedical sciences with management at Imperial College London.)
Reply 1
It should be fine my friend was predicted that and applied to al aaas and got 5 offers you should be okay but with imperial it may be harder why not give them a ring?
Original post by Candycay
Realistically what kind of chance do I stand when applying to a course that requires AAA when my predicted grades are A*AB?
The entry requirements for all my other choices are AAB or lower.
Should I just go for it?
(I am planning on applying for biomedical sciences with management at Imperial College London.)

Just over half of applicants get an offer for that course (http://university.which.co.uk/imperial-college-london-i50/biomedical-science-with-management-4-years-9000-b9n2 ) - with A*AB predictions you'd be in with a decent chance but remember Imperial are notoriously picky and will make an AAA (or higher offer) and expect you to meet it.

If you want to go to Imperial for this course you'll need to work on bringing that B up to an A by next year. If you start now you might be able to get your teachers to increase your predicted grades before applying in December/January.
Reply 3
Hey I'm thinking about applying to that course too. Ur predicted graded sound great, so I don't think it'll be a problem, but it may be better to ask a professional like a teacher about their opinion too, just in case.
I have a similar issue actually, predicted A*AB and not sure if I'll get offers from AAA courses. It's a bit ridiculous really that your A* could be in the subject you're going onto study but you not getting an A in a totally unrelated subject matters... My B predicted is in Maths which is considerably harder than either Econ or History which are my other two... Think I'm just gonna apply for mainly AAB then one AAA course.
Original post by LordHeskey
I have a similar issue actually, predicted A*AB and not sure if I'll get offers from AAA courses. It's a bit ridiculous really that your A* could be in the subject you're going onto study but you not getting an A in a totally unrelated subject matters... My B predicted is in Maths which is considerably harder than either Econ or History which are my other two... Think I'm just gonna apply for mainly AAB then one AAA course.

Have you spoken to your teachers about your predictions? They might be willing to increase your maths prediction if you can show improvement before Christmas (and if you do put in the extra work before christmas you make getting the third A much more likely)
I'm in a similar situation. Would love to see your responses! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4341826
Reply 7
If it helps, I know a lot of people who applied for AAA courses, got A*AB, and still got into their firm choice. This is at Durham rather than Imperial, but this may be an exception if you don't quite get that B up.

Quick Reply

Latest