The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Appeal

Basically. My results have been appealed because one module that required me to use a software was not available to me by the uni. I used the uni software page to download the softwre however every time I clicked on the link, it would say "Page not found", upon trying many time I contacted the uni authorities including my department, IT technicians and my module leader. The problem was my module leader was away until 19th September and would not reply to any emails, my coursework was due on 9th september so I had to get the coursework done regardless of any problems, which I completed. The IT technicians couldn't solve the problem which led me to miss my marks by 20%, I also asked whether I am eligible for an extension? I received no replies. Not the other authorities suggested that I should fill out an impaired performance form. No use of the software cost me 20% of the module. I have all the evidence of emails and page not found etc...

Anyone think that my appeal has a good foundation to be successful?? I believe injustice has been done. Now I have been terminated from my studies just because of one module.

I'd like to know your opinions please.

Any help?

Thank you
Original post by Hitpatel
Basically. My results have been appealed because one module that required me to use a software was not available to me by the uni. I used the uni software page to download the softwre however every time I clicked on the link, it would say "Page not found", upon trying many time I contacted the uni authorities including my department, IT technicians and my module leader. The problem was my module leader was away until 19th September and would not reply to any emails, my coursework was due on 9th september so I had to get the coursework done regardless of any problems, which I completed. The IT technicians couldn't solve the problem which led me to miss my marks by 20%, I also asked whether I am eligible for an extension? I received no replies. Not the other authorities suggested that I should fill out an impaired performance form. No use of the software cost me 20% of the module. I have all the evidence of emails and page not found etc...

Anyone think that my appeal has a good foundation to be successful?? I believe injustice has been done. Now I have been terminated from my studies just because of one module.

I'd like to know your opinions please.

Any help?

Thank you

Hi Hitpatel

I'm assuming you are at Loughborough seeing you have posted on this forum.
If you would like to send me some more detail via PM, I can point you in the right direction of who you need to speak to.

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Did anyone else in the class have problems? Did you speak to the class rep? What date was the work set, and when did you first raise the problem with the module leader?
Reply 3
Original post by Duncan2012
Did anyone else in the class have problems? Did you speak to the class rep? What date was the work set, and when did you first raise the problem with the module leader?

I am not sure about anyone else. I commute everyday to uni so never really made close friends to ask if they had problems, most likely not as others have access to uni computers. I raised the problem as soon as I came across it which was 4 days before deadline, but the module leader was away until 10 days after the submission. So I never had a choice but to submit what I had done without the use of the software but that 20% has cost me a module by only 3 marks.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, my mistake in the initial query, I had written down that I missed my mark by 20%. However, it was only by 3% I failed to module

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending