Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Living in Scotland - Studying in England, confused about finance?

ReputationRep:
    Basically I live in Scotland at the minute, I've used 2 years of SAAS funding for my college course and am looking to apply for MMU for next year.

I'm just a bit confused as to how the funding works?
    Do I need to apply through the English student loans company or the scottish one? As obviously I'll be moving down there.

And would I apply for fees separately from a mainantace loan?

Should also probably mention I was born in London - don't know if that makes any difference lol.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolepodger)
    Basically I live in Scotland at the minute, I've used 2 years of SAAS funding for my college course and am looking to apply for MMU for next year.

Do I need to apply through the English student loans company or the scottish one? As obviously I'll be moving down there.

Should also probably mention I was born in London - don't know if that makes any difference lol.

Thanks
    Hi, I've moved your thread to the Student Finance forum... but it might be better in the SAAS forum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolepodger)

Thanks
    You would apply to SAAS, it goes based on where you are from not where you are studying. Are you looking to start the degree at MMU in year 1? You may find you have to pay tuition fees for the first year yourself if that is the case. Student finance funds length of course+1 year-any years previously studied. That means as you've already had 2 years for a standard 3 year degree you would only have 2 years of funding left as far as I understand, though do double check with SAAS.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.