Xander25
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Need help with this question, why? because a wasp was flying around and i got too scared to concentrate... MUCH APPRECIATED FOR HELP

1. A new house is fitted with all the latest energy efficiency measures. An energy surveyor checks a new house and finds that each second a house is losing 125W of heat through it’s roof. The heaters in the house are producing around 800W of heat. How efficient are energy efficient measures?
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Key word there is "was" so now it's gone. You may concentrate. Good luck.
cpaige21
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
As in, a percentage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carthaginian
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Dude you're like 50 times bigger than a wasp, why be scared of it?
DarkEnergy
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Xander25)
Need help with this question, why? because a wasp was flying around and i got too scared to concentrate... MUCH APPRECIATED FOR HELP
  1. A new house is fitted with all the latest energy efficiency measures. An energy surveyor checks a new house and finds that each second a house is losing 125W of heat through it’s roof. The heaters in the house are producing around 800W of heat. How efficient are energy efficient measures?
((EnergyInput - WastedEnergyOutput)/EnergyInput)*100
Might be wrong, haven't done efficiency in a while.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DarkEnergy)
((EnergyInput - WastedEnergyOutput)/EnergyInput)*100
Might be wrong, haven't done efficiency in a while.
You're right; surely by your username you're studying A Level Physics?
Starlight2000
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Xander25)
Forget that it is losing that much every second
Use this : (useful energy output/useful energy input) then multiply by 100
Apparently my year were the last to be provided with a formulae sheet in the exam so you'll have to learn all of them off by heart. This is quite easy so just get it in your head. Also notice I haven't given you the answer but I hope giving you the formula has cleared things up for you
DarkEnergy
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
You're right; surely by your username you're studying A Level Physics?
Good observation Just a bit rusty on the basics atm, efficiency was in AS but I've pretty much forgotten all of AS over the summer & the question seems a bit weirdly worded.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (137)
66.83%
No (46)
22.44%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.73%

Watched Threads