Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you visit the dentist?

ReputationRep:
    I only ask as it was revealed 4 in 10 children didn't visit the dentist last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37449696

ReputationRep:
    weird, its free here as well (i think... for kids anways) yet people are not taking full advantage of it

I visit twice a year... although sometimes just once

ReputationRep:
    i do because i actually have parents

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to the dentist for 10 years. But since I was about 16, I have been going at least once a year, twice if I can.

ReputationRep:
    I do go i went about 2 weeks ago
    But i hate it, it's cringe

ReputationRep:
    i went to dentists then hospital to have teeth pulled.
    need to go dentist again as iv got shattered bone coming up from under the gum

ReputationRep:
    Didn't go for 3 years and now I m paying for it with a tooth out today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Didn't go for 3 years and now I m paying for it with a tooth out today.
    That's mad. Didn't go for 10 years and my teeth are perfect. Getting xrays done on Tuesday to have a look at my wisdom teeth, and polish and clean because I love that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    That's mad. Didn't go for 10 years and my teeth are perfect. Getting xrays done on Tuesday to have a look at my wisdom teeth, and polish and clean because I love that.
    Apparently my previous dentist didn't get rid if of the decay when they filled my teeth so all of them need replacing or worse. On the plus side I had no clue I had two wisdoms come through without knowing it I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    after working hours yeah

ReputationRep:
    once a year

ReputationRep:
    Im sure dentist and orthodontist are similar but aren't the same? Am i right in saying this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Im sure dentist and orthodontist are similar but aren't the same? Am i right in saying this?
    The orthodontist does braces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculaura)
    The orthodontist does braces
    Ahh okay

ReputationRep:
    of course, can't you tell

ReputationRep:
    i go every three months since i had my gold work done they have to keep checking it

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.