Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    So I want to do a BSc in Geology at Imperial, and the entry requirements are AAA, but I messed up in Biology AS and my predicted grades are AAD. I asked a couple of students at Imperial on their open day and they said they consider everyone on a kind of personal basis.
    Does this mean I still have a good chance of being invited to interview? I'm making a kick-ass personal statement showing that I am a really well-rounded person. Also the entry requirements include an A at Maths GCSE and I'm going to resit it, but if it's not in my personal statement will they just reject me?

I really want to go to Imperial but I'm just a bit worried. A lot of my friends who are at uni have been saying they got offers from Russell Group unis when their predicted grades were lower but this is Imperial - will it be different? I'm just a bit worried.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    So I want to do a BSc in Geology at Imperial, and the entry requirements are AAA, but I messed up in Biology AS and my predicted grades are AAD. I asked a couple of students at Imperial on their open day and they said they consider everyone on a kind of personal basis.
    Does this mean I still have a good chance of being invited to interview? I'm making a kick-ass personal statement showing that I am a really well-rounded person. Also the entry requirements include an A at Maths GCSE and I'm going to resit it, but if it's not in my personal statement will they just reject me?

I really want to go to Imperial but I'm just a bit worried. A lot of my friends who are at uni have been saying they got offers from Russell Group unis when their predicted grades were lower but this is Imperial - will it be different? I'm just a bit worried.

Thanks in advance
    Im going ot be honest with you, it is very unlikely u will be invited to an interview unless u get that predicted grade changed. There will be many people exceeding the entry requirements. Grades are the most important, the rest are just a add on.

ReputationRep:
    Very low, I'm afraid. The vast majority of their applicants will be predicted A*s, there's no reason why they'd take someone predicted a D.

ReputationRep:
    With AAD they won't ask you for an interview, Talk to your head of Biology and get it changed, show that you can get a B, I have a friend who got an E in Physics AS and went to an A in A2, it is possible,But anything below a B, for imperial is a no. I am sorry, I applied for Imperial and even with 3 A's it is tough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.