Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Chance of being offered an interview?

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    So I want to do a BSc in Geology at Imperial, and the entry requirements are AAA, but I messed up in Biology AS and my predicted grades are AAD. I asked a couple of students at Imperial on their open day and they said they consider everyone on a kind of personal basis.
    Does this mean I still have a good chance of being invited to interview? I'm making a kick-ass personal statement showing that I am a really well-rounded person. Also the entry requirements include an A at Maths GCSE and I'm going to resit it, but if it's not in my personal statement will they just reject me?

I really want to go to Imperial but I'm just a bit worried. A lot of my friends who are at uni have been saying they got offers from Russell Group unis when their predicted grades were lower but this is Imperial - will it be different? I'm just a bit worried.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    So I want to do a BSc in Geology at Imperial, and the entry requirements are AAA, but I messed up in Biology AS and my predicted grades are AAD. I asked a couple of students at Imperial on their open day and they said they consider everyone on a kind of personal basis.
    Does this mean I still have a good chance of being invited to interview? I'm making a kick-ass personal statement showing that I am a really well-rounded person. Also the entry requirements include an A at Maths GCSE and I'm going to resit it, but if it's not in my personal statement will they just reject me?

I really want to go to Imperial but I'm just a bit worried. A lot of my friends who are at uni have been saying they got offers from Russell Group unis when their predicted grades were lower but this is Imperial - will it be different? I'm just a bit worried.

Thanks in advance
    Im going ot be honest with you, it is very unlikely u will be invited to an interview unless u get that predicted grade changed. There will be many people exceeding the entry requirements. Grades are the most important, the rest are just a add on.

ReputationRep:
    Very low, I'm afraid. The vast majority of their applicants will be predicted A*s, there's no reason why they'd take someone predicted a D.

ReputationRep:
    With AAD they won't ask you for an interview, Talk to your head of Biology and get it changed, show that you can get a B, I have a friend who got an E in Physics AS and went to an A in A2, it is possible,But anything below a B, for imperial is a no. I am sorry, I applied for Imperial and even with 3 A's it is tough.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.