How to revise German GCSE Watch

metamorphic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My exam for german is going to be on the edexcel board, and I would like to aim for an A* - however I'm not too sure on how to go about revising for it. I understand most of the basic german grammar rules, so right now I'm just going through the vocab in the textbook, but what I've noticed is that a lot of the vocab in the actual past papers aren't anywhere to be seen in the textbook, including the 'dictionary' at the end of the book. So what I understand from that is that only the 'key' vocab is in the book, not to mention that it doesn't even mention the articles of a lot of the nouns in the textbook.

So what I need to know is - what is the best way to revise for german?
tacha_bacha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya! I did German for GCSE and am doing it now for A-Level aswell. I found that learning vocab on Memrise, a website, literally saved my guts. I didn't have to type anything up as I just chose a German GCSE course on there that someone else in the world had typed up. It has a really motivating and friendly interface, so I highly recommend that.
If Memrise doesn't tickle your fancy, you can always try Quizlet, which is very similar (but not as colourful!)

For grammar, I suggest looking into if Edexcel has launched a workbook/textbook, or if there's a grammar workbook from another company that follow's the Edexcel syllabus.
Also, if you're really keen, watch some TV or YouTube videos in German. A TV programme that was on this year (or last year?) called 'Deutschland '83' is really good and interesting, so I reccommend that aswell. Or spice up your Friday night with a German movie.

Good luck!
Carthaginian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Watch some god-tier Hitler speeches.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (106)
17.24%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (64)
10.41%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (108)
17.56%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.96%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (62)
10.08%
How can I be the best version of myself? (183)
29.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed