Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you think my chances would be to get an offer from Durham for Law? If you could give my chances as a percentage (e.g. 30% chance of an offer) that would be great. Obviously I know that it would just be a guess, but it would still be interesting to gauge opinion. I'm not looking for the % of the overall applicant/offer ratio here either, because I know that your chances rise or fall based on the merits of your application.

GCSEs:

These are the poorest part of my application, but they did put me in the top 10 in my year.

1 A*
    4 A
    4 B
    3 C

AS's:

Distinction* - BTEC Applied Law
    A - English Literature (91/100 raw marks)
    A - Government & Politics (98 UMS in one paper)
    B - History

A2 Predicted Grades:

Distinction* - BTEC Applied Law
    A* - English Literature
    A* - Government & Politics
    A - History

Personal statement:

I'm not going to go crazy and assume I can do an amazing, top-notch personal statement, but let's just assume it's good and solid. I've done relevant legal work experience, visits to courts, a lot of wider reading, and law essay competitions.

LNAT:

Let's assume that I do slightly better than average for the LNAT.

Contextual Flags:

Flags will be raised for secondary school and sixth form performance as well as for socioeconomic status based on postcode.

And do you think I'd have a better chance with Durham or UCL?

ReputationRep:
    You have a chance! Durham gave me an offer and I think we had almost equal grades, but my course wasn't law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    You have a chance! Durham gave me an offer and I think we had almost equal grades, but my course wasn't law.
    Thanks

I quite like Durham but I'm wondering if I'd have a better chance at UCL...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.