I am not really familiar with how recruiting works for master students so:
I understand that networking is the key to success but does it apply for graduate students?
- What kind of programs/positions am I allowed to apply for?
- when do I start applying?
- What programs are meant for undergraduates and which ones are meant for postgraduates?
- I have a turkish sounding name, will this prove a liability when applying for jobs?
- Can I get an idea of what firms or institutions take in economics post-graduates?
A little about myself:
My main purpose is to not go back to the country where I came from and generally avoid eastern & central Europe.
- I am an EU international student with a bachelor in finance and one year worth of computer science courses and no work experience.
- I will be pursuing an MSc at Durham University, which is a 1 year program, so basically I am going to have to hit the ground running.
Other than signing-up to relevant clubs/societies and networking what can I do to secure a job or an internship after graduation?
I am interested in:
Thank you for your time.
- Investment Banking
- Equity Research
- Economic Research & Forecasting.
Even more elitist than everyone thought?