Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Does this mean anything?

I've got a close friend who I speak to every day (I'm female and he's male, we're both 25) and he lives 4 hours away now so I no longer see him, and in a week from now he's going to Australia, for a year, if not more.

It's always been strange between us, we're very attracted to each other, and we've flirted a lot and slept together a few times. But he changed his mind about whether he liked me in that way or not, always seemed confused and like he didn't know what he wanted, and finally said he only saw me as a friend.

Anyway, we're good friends, and we met up a few weekends ago. It was cool, but I noticed he was really red when we were speaking. as well, as soon as I left, he was texting me loads, and calling. We've been in contact every day since, too.

He's gonna be back next weekend to take his flight. I asked him if he wanted me to take him to the airport, and he says he's not sure, as he's worried it will make the departure harder, knowing he'll have to say goodbye, and it will make him think about stuff.

He said he'll let me know how he feels nearer the time. My other friend reckons it's a sign he likes me ,as he would be happy to let me go otherwise, since we're good friends. What do others think? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You sound close enough to just talk about it! Maybe you are both feeling unsure about the other, would it be simpler to ask and find out for sure?

ReputationRep:
    He's probably too shy to make his feelings known or he probably only wants to sleep with you

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't even matter cause he s going to ****ing Australia now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    it doesn't even matter cause he s going to ****ing Australia now
    Bloody hell, talk about being blunt :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForcomeAnarchist)
    Bloody hell, talk about being blunt :gasp:
    truth hurts
    what does op even expect from us?
    a magical solution?

thanks for the replies I know it's pointless as he's going anyway, but I just wanted to see...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.