Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New photo on my new full driving license Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    So I just passed my practical driving test today and told my examiner that I wanted to keep my provisional license because I didn't want them to keep that photo and use it for my new full driving licence - I want to take a nicer photo and have that one on my new licence instead.

But I've been reading the DVLA website and they only have the option of renewing a licence to get the photo changed and there's nothing about changing the photo from the provisional when upgrading to the full license and it costs £14.
    I was just wondering if I sent a new passport photo to DVLA along with my certificate and provisional license would they use that photo instead? Or does anyone know if it's even possible to get a different photo on the full license without paying to effectively renew it?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eema)
    Hey guys!
    So I just passed my practical driving test today and told my examiner that I wanted to keep my provisional license because I didn't want them to keep that photo and use it for my new full driving licence - I want to take a nicer photo and have that one on my new licence instead.

But I've been reading the DVLA website and they only have the option of renewing a licence to get the photo changed and there's nothing about changing the photo from the provisional when upgrading to the full license and it costs £14.
    I was just wondering if I sent a new passport photo to DVLA along with my certificate and provisional license would they use that photo instead? Or does anyone know if it's even possible to get a different photo on the full license without paying to effectively renew it?
    Thanks!
    On the form you send off for said license (post office, no downloadable version as I discovered) you will find a section to include a passport photo, adding a new photo will cost the £14 mentioned, be warned though. I was changing my address only, and it took 5 weeks, I called them up about a photo change as well and was quoted 8-10 weeks to sort that out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.