Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just planned how much my weekly shopping will cost and its around £25 a week not including £10 for fruit and snacks. I did go for convenience over price with a few items but its a healthy enough diet and a generous enough budget that I think I can actually stick to it but I work while I'm at uni so i'm not exactly screwed if I don't stick to it every week.

Out of curiosity what are other peoples budgets? and how strictly do you have to stick to your budget?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Mine was £25 a week. I would often stay under it. I think I had the odd week where I went over it though. (I could afford to)

ReputationRep:
    £5.
    I save around £400 per year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    £5.
    I save around £400 per year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You spend £5 a week on food?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    You spend £5 a week on food?
    yes. I have a good breakfast meal that keeps me going for most of the day at school. I have lunch when i get home :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    yes. I have a good breakfast meal that keeps me going for most of the day at school. I have lunch when i get home :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think this thread is about people whose parents pay for their food. It's misleading.

ReputationRep:
    My budget for food is £15 however i do take food from my parents home when i visit every weekend which helps a lot financially.

ReputationRep:
    I spent £20-30 a week during uni, how much depended on the year (I worked in third year so budgeted more for food)

I stuck to it strictly as I found that if I kept to the same habits it was easy but once I started getting the odd extra then I would miss them the next week and want more

ReputationRep:
    About £100 - £125 per week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realhotnsweaty)
    About £100 - £125 per week.
    What are you eating, fresh Iranian caviar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    What are you eating, fresh Iranian caviar?
    Not really. I just buy quality stuff and I eat a lot since I weigh about 24 stone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realhotnsweaty)
    Not really. I just buy quality stuff and I eat a lot since I weigh about 24 stone.
    Not that it's particularly my business, but you'd have to be 8 foot 2 to not be overweight - have you considered that you might be better off saving the money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    Not that it's particularly my business, but you'd have to be 8 foot 2 to not be overweight - have you considered that you might be better off saving the money?
    I am a shade over 7' tall so I am not fat at all - just a lot of bone and muscle.

ReputationRep:
    during start of uni I spent like £50 a week. Then during mid uni when student finance is running out I spend like 15-25£ on food. Then during exam season is take away time so I got take way 2 weeks straight. Cost about £70-£100 a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student2312)
    I've just planned how much my weekly shopping will cost and its around £25 a week not including £10 for fruit and snacks. I did go for convenience over price with a few items but its a healthy enough diet and a generous enough budget that I think I can actually stick to it but I work while I'm at uni so i'm not exactly screwed if I don't stick to it every week.

Out of curiosity what are other peoples budgets? and how strictly do you have to stick to your budget?
    Hello

That's pretty accurate to be honest and the most sensible price I've seen since working on The Student Room.

My weekly budget when I started was £25 and this was just for me - however, I started doing a shop with other people and now, I only spend around £10 a week on a shop!

You're doing good, well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello

That's pretty accurate to be honest and the most sensible price I've seen since working on The Student Room.

My weekly budget when I started was £25 and this was just for me - however, I started doing a shop with other people and now, I only spend around £10 a week on a shop!

You're doing good, well done
    Well I'm doing well if I continue to stick to it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.