You find out your true friends when you are in your darkest hour...

Announcements

When you are truly depressed and sitting on your bed crying and think "I have nobody who can help me right now or make me feel better" that is when you realise you are truly alone and have no friends.

ReputationRep:
    What a cheery bed-time story that was

Try and be your own best friend. Wathc soemthing funny or feel good, kisten to music, rea a good book, have a supper traet, get some sleep and it should feel different in the morning.

(Original post by saraxh)
    My friend is always here for me
    Am sure that made the OP feel great. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Am sure that made the OP feel great. Nice.
    I didn't mean it like that

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, being sad and depressed can make you feel sorry for yourself and be resentful toward people who probably don't deserve it. If you haven't told them you've got a problem, they won't know.

(Original post by saraxh)
    I didn't mean it like that
    I bet you did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I bet you did
    I actually didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me:

i) Depression can manipulate your thoughts greatly especially about other people. I've felt extremely angry towards my best mate irl when I've felt depressed even though he's done nothing wrong.
    ii) You are very lucky if you even have one 'true' friend in your life, they are very hard to come by and you shud never let them go ye

I feel like that nearly every day so OP you are not alone…

In fact I'm crying right now…

Indeed.
    but coming from someone who is always expected to be there for people even if im feeling **** myself and is hardly ever treated right by anyone everyone has a snapping point.
    The reason i get so hurt when my friends **** off is because i put so much into them, making sure they are ok etc and stuff yet they never seem to do the same in return. I have got to a stage where im getting less and less bothered, like if ur gonna be toxic to me or hurt me then just **** off bc i cant deal with it.
    I also have limited patience with people who wallow in self pity bc ok everyone does that occasionally but u have to pick urself up and carry on bc things arent gonna stop just because u have.
    and that isnt me being condescending considering i have done this myself many times and nor am i insinuating that it is easy, it isn't but the one thing i have learnt is that u can only rely on urself.
    The best friendships are a 2 way street, ur there for them when they need and u are there for them when they need, it is when ppl dump all their **** onto me without even pausing to think that perhaps im not in the best state rn myself that is when i get annoyed as ill be there for ppl until the end but for every 10% i put into someone i would like at least 5% back occasionally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When you are truly depressed and sitting on your bed crying and think "I have nobody who can help me right now or make me feel better" that is when you realise you are truly alone and have no friends.
    change it for this in my case
    when you are depressed and facing bankruptcy that is when you find your true friends those who don't care that you not buying them top shelf booze and splashing the cash all the time

ReputationRep:
    This is true.

I found out who my real friends were when I went through the worst of my mental health struggles and when my papa almost died and was put on the transplant list. Also when my beloved pets died. I found out who wad truly my friend and who was just nosey. Made me realise I didn't have as many friends as I thought but when it comes to friends, it's quality that counts, not quantity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.