Have you ever been attracted to somebody of your own gender?

Announcements

Something that I'm confused about is my sexuality. I've liked plenty of girls before, but for about 3 years have been questioning whether I am bisexual or not. I've frequently found boys attractive, and a couple of times boys have put their hand on my leg and I liked it.

So have you ever found anyone of the same gender attractive? I'm wondering because other people in my family have told me they never did. Are they in the majority, or am I?

ReputationRep:
    I find attractive people attractive, regardless of gender.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean like you find them aesthetically attractive? You dont have to be bi to recognise tht, a str8 guy could recognise when 1 guy is better looking than another yeah.

Even though I'm not sexually attracted to women in general, I was really close to a couple of girl friends in the past. There were times when I thought that I might be attracted to them. I think it was more attachment than attraction though. I was very lonely and easily attached to people. Strangely, both those girls I felt very close to in a short space of time and yet neither of those friendships lasted. . I actually cried over one of them when she wasn't in my life anymore. I guess it was more the feeling of thinking they cared but realising that they didn't. Idk.

yes, i dont really get how anyone can not be tbh but each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    Yh even though I'd consider myself mostly straight not gonna lie, I have seen plenty of fiiiiiinnnneee damn hot guys in the showers at the gym over the years :yes:

Well I'm a dude, I do like girls more and I expect my long term partner to be female. But I have been aroused my guys before, there was this one hot guy on TV once and well looking at him gave me a boner. Kept thinking about it for a few days after. I think I might be bi-curious but.....only one way to know for sure lol

ReputationRep:
    Of course; I've even kissed another woman before too

tess stimson - read her story. was on TV this morning

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I've found girls attractive and I've also had an attraction to them. I've never saw it as a big deal. I'll fancy who I fancy, be it guy or girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've never found other girls attractive in the sexual way, but I do think other girls are very pretty but then again lots of them cake themselves with makeup.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been attracted to girls in that way. But, I do find some girls attractive - in a 'I wish I looked like her' kind of way. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I've had big crushes on girls, and a girlfriend. I have the same kind of attraction to women as I do men. It depends on the kind of attraction, I guess. Many straight women find other women attractive, but not as far as to want to be with them

ReputationRep:
    Never been attracted to another woman myself but it's not unusual.

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, does it really matter? I mean attraction is very much a subjective thing. And 3 years contemplating your sexuality is just unnecessary stress, i know this may sound cliche-like but do you really HAVE to label yourself a certain category. If you find a girl attractive don't waste time, enjoy that feeling and if it is strong act on it. Just one more cliche , you only live once, it doesnt matter if people share the same experience, it's YOU who feels it, you don't need an emotional consent ---- wow, what a ramble, hope you get my drift
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No i found some pretty, but ive never been attracted to one, --- doesnt mean what i'm saying ^^^ is wrong.

Yes, especially if they look like Rylan-Neal Clark or whatever his name is from Big Brother.

OP again.

It's kinda like I see a photo of a boy/girl I know in a relationship, and I usually admire the boy more than the girl. Or I'll get chatting to a gay boy at college and get excited. My dad has told me that he "never, ever remotely thought about boys" at my age.

There was a case in Bath about a year ago where I saw this teenage guy walking past, got extremely excited, and was thinking about him for several days. On the other hand the same has happened with girls.

Emotionally I've always felt more attached to girls but physically I seem to think about guys more, and don't know why.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.