Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, when ever i go to the doctor at a clinic or hospital, i have to say about 60%-70% of them are Newly British immigrants. Also, ive seen a few south african doctors too.

also, a lot of teachers were recent british immigrants. Of my small school of 500, and about 15 academic teachers, 5 of them were from britian.

i was wondering if britain has to import its doctors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canuck)
    Well, when ever i go to the doctor at a clinic or hospital, i have to say about 60%-70% of them are Newly British immigrants. Also, ive seen a few south african doctors too.

also, a lot of teachers were recent british immigrants. Of my small school of 500, and about 15 academic teachers, 5 of them were from britian.

dont you mean export?

ReputationRep:
    well, i know why the doctors move to canada, but i dont know if britian has to try and bring doctors in from other countries, like india or africa

ReputationRep:
    well, i know why the doctors move to canada, but i dont know if britian has to try and bring doctors in from other countries, like india or africa

oh i get you...i think so, not so much doctors but nurses need to be imported.

ReputationRep:
    where you from Canuck?

(Original post by McGeadie)
    where you from Canuck?
    let's start getting our thinking caps on and show an awareness in future next time eh? Canuck is a place in Canada

ReputationRep:
    where you from Canuck?
    read location...British Columbia, Canada

ReputationRep:
    where you from Canuck?
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:

I had an African Business teacher that was doing a Masters in Business...

ReputationRep:

Britain has imported many doctors from Pakistan and India over the years, and continues to rely on nurses from Malaysia, Phillipines (sp?) and other Asian countries.

A lot of teachers come from Africa, mainly South Africa.

Also, a substancial number of Austallians move to the UK every year.

But a lot of Brits are moving to Canada, Australia, France, Spain and other countries for a variety of reasons.

ReputationRep:

Its called the "brain drain" - other countries (in particular America) are finding the intelligent British people and having them move across.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa777)
    Canuck is a place in Canada
    No it's not.

ReputationRep:
    well, we have our own brain drain, but ussually its canadian born citizens who leave.

ReputationRep:
    isnt canuck the equvilant of a yank :confused:

ReputationRep:
    you have just said something that is very offensive, flyby, go to hell you *******.

MULTIPLE POSTING VIOLATION NOTICE

Mod Expression - Strong Language Violation - Post Amended to Remove Profanity.

ReputationRep:

There are a lot of foreign doctors here as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    There are a lot of foreign doctors here as well.

ya i know that too, well, im surprised to see an australian on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    isnt canuck the equvilant of a yank :confused:
    As well as an ice hockey team, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    As well as an ice hockey team, yeah.
    christ, hockey was invented in CANADA. Canadians arent american and yes we say "eh" after every sentence and yes we have the a queen and governor general. we invented basketball, lacross, hockey, snowshoeing, snomobiles and winter gas. The oldest city in north america is located here,, and yes you can buy canadian food.

it get very frustrating to have canadians called the 51st state. Many canadians adore the queen and still have the value of there qeubecious and British heritage. almost everything has the title "royal" infront of it. We did not slaughter our First nations, and we let them retain there heritage, and we flood them with money (they drink it away though :mad: )

yes canada's worst screw up was its own soverienty, we mind our own business and we are polite to all, even if they are american. Come to canada, and besides the stores, clothes, and cars, you can tell its canada.

ReputationRep:
    christ, hockey was invented in CANADA. Canadians arent american and yes we say "eh" after every sentence and yes we have the a queen and governor general. we invented basketball, lacross, hockey, snowshoeing, snomobiles and winter gas. The oldest city in north america is located here,, and yes you can buy canadian food.

it get very frustrating to have canadians called the 51st state. Many canadians adore the queen and still have the value of there qeubecious and British heritage. almost everything has the title "royal" infront of it. We did not slaughter our First nations, and we let them retain there heritage, and we flood them with money (they drink it away though :mad: )

yes canada's worst screw up was its own soverienty, we mind our own business and we are polite to all, even if they are american. Come to canada, and besides the stores, clothes, and cars, you can tell its canada.
    Yeah Canada rules but the official national sport is Lacrosse, isn't it?

Actually the UK has been called the 51st state too. Just recently a general in the US military said that in order for the UK (and other members of Echelon) to have full access to US intelligence, it would have to become the 51st state. There's also a movie called the 51st state.

(Anyway, the 51st state is probably going to be Puerto Rico. Just thought I'd mention that)

Mod Expression - Strong Language in Quotation Violation - Post Amended to Remove Profanity.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.