Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a thread for this course so here we go. Good luck to us all

(Original post by dr_2b)
      I don't see a thread for this course so here we go. Good luck to us all
      You too and thank you for creating this thread.

What's your feeling on this years GAMSAT cut off?

ReputationRep:
      Sure

Well, it was my first gamsat so I won't be able to compare with previous years. I am just keeping my fingers crossed it's the same as last year (58/59 ish)

(Original post by dr_2b)
        Sure

Well, it was my first gamsat so I won't be able to compare with previous years. I am just keeping my fingers crossed it's the same as last year (58/59 ish)
        Same, the cut off could be even lower because many said S3 of the gamsat was much harder compared to previous years. Fingers crossed.

What I like about Swansea also is that they don't have individual cut offs

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Tsar101)
        Same, the cut off could be even lower because many said S3 of the gamsat was much harder compared to previous years. Fingers crossed.

What I like about Swansea also is that they don't have individual cut offs
        Yeah, I really hope the cut off will be lower - I sat the gamsat for the first time this year, and honestly I'm worried I won't have achieved 50 in section 3.
        Fingers crossed for us all!

ReputationRep:
        I'll be applying to Swansea this year now that I have completed my Masters. Currently have a GAMSAT score of 58/59 so hope it drops down a couple from last year!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Marathi)
        I'll be applying to Swansea this year now that I have completed my Masters. Currently have a GAMSAT score of 58/59 so hope it drops down a couple from last year!
        Fingers crossed it drops. And well done on completing your masters!

ReputationRep:
        Where are everyone's other choices including Swansea?

ReputationRep:
        Anyone else get an email about additional information regarding A-levels? Doesn't state anything on the website about A-levels being a relevant part of the entry criteria...

Dr.Pharm I have also applied to Warwick, SGUL, and Nottingham. How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
        Anyone else get an email about additional information regarding A-levels? Doesn't state anything on the website about A-levels being a relevant part of the entry criteria...

Dr.Pharm I have also applied to Warwick, SGUL, and Nottingham. How about yourself?
        I got an email too about additional information; as long as it is on your ucas form don't worry, its only if you have missed something off ucas.

Swansea, Liverpool, Sheffield & UEA.

ReputationRep:
        Same here. I received the email and I've replied to them asking if they needed anything (and corrected their typo :colone:)

I will let you know if I hear anything.

ReputationRep:
        I called. It's only if you missed something of ucas 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Dr.Pharm)
        I called. It's only if you missed something of ucas 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
        Wow there seems to be little interest in Swansea GEM... on TSR anyways

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by shamim2k9)
        Wow there seems to be little interest in Swansea GEM... on TSR anyways
        The Notts thread is quite quiet this year too. Perhaps this is consequence of the earlier industrial action and people have decided they don't want to become doctors anymore? Haha!

ReputationRep:
        Well if that means I get a place at either uni, then I'm more than happy

Maybe more people will join in after the gamsat results come out :eek:

ReputationRep:
        Yea that's true. Once the cutoffs are released people know where they are likely to get an interview and start to focus on those universities then.

ReputationRep:
        The Notts thread is quite quiet this year too. Perhaps this is consequence of the earlier industrial action and people have decided they don't want to become doctors anymore? Haha!
        I hope so

ReputationRep:
        Also does anyone know what last years GAMSAT cut off was? the website has info for 2015 entry but not for 2016 entry. And emailing them got annoying...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by shamim2k9)
        Also does anyone know what last years GAMSAT cut off was? the website has info for 2015 entry but not for 2016 entry. And emailing them got annoying...
        59 if my memory serves me correctly, as I was one point off it! But I didn't have a Masters back then away so it wouldn't have mattered haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.