The Student Room Group

A101 Swansea 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LuffStudent
Just received the "your application is still under consideration" email. The wait goes on..!

I got the same heart attack inducing email.
Me too 😐
Yup me too. Nice email though!
Me too! Though I would LOVE to know where I am on the waiting list so I can plan my life!
Reply 964
Same email. The wait for May the 5th begins, May the fourth be with you 👀
Got the same email too! It's great to still be considered for a place and the email was worded lovely. Let the waiting continue!
Another waitlister signing in.

I'll probably email them to ask if they can let us know our rankings, because that'd be really helpful for planning what to do in the coming months.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Doc-O-pain
Another waitlister signing in.

I'll probably email them to ask if they can let us know our rankings, because that'd be really helpful for planing what to do in the coming months.

That would be super helpful. I've tried ringing today but I think they're probably swamped so didn't manage to get through.
Sent!

One more thing to wait for :\
Reply 969
Also on waitlist. Good luck guys!
Reply 970
Waitlisted too. Time to start stalking all the threads from previous years. It looks like 30 offers were made to the waiting list last year.
Looks like Nottingham have started sending rejections out!
Original post by wl1
Waitlisted too. Time to start stalking all the threads from previous years. It looks like 30 offers were made to the waiting list last year.

How do you know?
Reply 973
Original post by Emma Craven
How do you know?

The Swansea GEM Facebook page posted when they gave out more offers.
Reply 974
Original post by wl1
The Swansea GEM Facebook page posted when they gave out more offers.

I got an email confirming waitlist the other day as well.
I have also been waitlisted! Ha! This must be what it's like to support a major sports team! The elated anxiety, to 'dream the dream' (as a sports fan friend once said), to know that at this point anything could happen... It's like the wait for Christmas or Hanukah etc. as a child. The bit right at the edge of a steep drop on a rollercoaster. Ha! (this message was provided to you by caffeine and impending dissertation deadlines) :-)
Reply 976
Original post by Green Pilgrim
I have also been waitlisted! Ha! This must be what it's like to support a major sports team! The elated anxiety, to 'dream the dream' (as a sports fan friend once said), to know that at this point anything could happen... It's like the wait for Christmas or Hanukah etc. as a child. The bit right at the edge of a steep drop on a rollercoaster. Ha! (this message was provided to you by caffeine and impending dissertation deadlines) :-)

Hang in there.
Anyone know if the Swansea GEM offer holder facebook page is for accepted offers only? I would assume so, in which case the number of members is probably a decent metric for our chances from the waitlist. 50 currently.
Original post by Doc-O-pain
Anyone know if the Swansea GEM offer holder facebook page is for accepted offers only? I would assume so, in which case the number of members is probably a decent metric for our chances from the waitlist. 50 currently.

Nope, there's people on there who have no intention of firming Swansea :smile:
Deep breaths, people. Everything will kick off after the notts decisions come out. *hugs*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending