Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

A101 SGUL 2017 Entry

ReputationRep:
    I'm just creating a separate thread for the GEM course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Dr_2b!
    How's the application process going so far?

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my application form yesterday i applied to sgul, swansea, Nottingham and warwick. So far i have only received an ack from Warwick.

Have you finalised your choices?

ReputationRep:
    Nice one! I've got my choices down #1 SGUL, followed by Queen Mary, KCL and Southampton.
    Funny thing is that SGUL want me to apply to A901 (Int'l grad entry), since I've been out of the UK for so long
    Still working on the personal statement and deciding on which referee to put but will deal with that after the UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys find the GAMSAT?
    I hope I did enough:/

ReputationRep:
    Not doing mine until March, which could be a problem.
    How was your GAMSAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranKiernan)
    Not doing mine until March, which could be a problem.
    How was your GAMSAT?
    The exam was mentally draining and I don't know how section 2 went. That exam was a serious test on my mental endurance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

I'm a current 1st year student on the Graduate entry course at SGUL. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer bearing in mind I've not been there long.

Good luck with the applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo83)
    Hi guys.
    Thanks Robbo83, how's it going so far?
    So you just started this September, right? What's the culture and workload like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranKiernan)
    Thanks Robbo83, how's it going so far?
    So you just started this September, right? What's the culture and workload like?
    Hi Fran,

It's going really well so far. We have had one week of introductory stuff (health and safety talks and similar) and 4 weeks of the proper course.

The culture is great and it's amazing learning inside of a hospital. All the lecturers have been excellent and being at SGUL is really like being in a family. You feel very looked after. The years above are very helpful and quick to give out tips and advice. Also I think one of the best things about SGUL is they allow applications from any degree so the variety of peoples experiences before the course is vast and people bring so many different skills to the learning.

I won't lie, the workload is intense but I always knew it would be so it's not unmanageable. So far nothing we have learned has been too complex it's just that there is a large volume of it to learn. Also the study hasn't seemed like a chore yet as I've actually enjoyed learning it. There's also a feeling of we are all in it together in the 1st year which makes the studying easier.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo83)
    Hi guys.

I'm a current 1st year student on the Graduate entry course at SGUL. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer bearing in mind I've not been there long.

What would be your biggest piece of advice for someone who wants to apply for graduate entry medicine in a few years?

Congratulations for getting in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluegirl64)
    What would be your biggest piece of advice for someone who wants to apply for graduate entry medicine in a few years?

Congratulations for getting in!
    Thank you.

It might sound obvious but I think one of the most important things is getting a varied work experience. Not only does it allow you to see what being a doctor is like and decide if you want to go for it but it gives you stuff to reflect on at interviews.

Its a good idea to keep a work experience diary with your reflections in so you don't forget anything.

Also when it comes to applying I'd say make sure you really research the entry criteria and what the different unis are looking for and apply to the ones that play to your strengths.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    dr_2b I am applying to same four as yourself. Hopefully we will cross paths somewhere along the way! Planning to send my UCAS off this week. Although SGUL will be my #4 choice as I don't really like the idea of being a student in London, but beggars can't be choosers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    dr_2b I am applying to same four as yourself. Hopefully we will cross paths somewhere along the way! Planning to send my UCAS off this week. Although SGUL will be my #4 choice as I don't really like the idea of being a student in London, but beggars can't be choosers!
    Fingers crossed then Sgul is my fourth choice too but you're right, I won't complain if I get it though :yes:

how many people have received todays rejection? and of those how many have previous gamsat scores where they have knowingly got below 50 in a section ? (hold onto hope haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10LFC10)
    how many people have received todays rejection? and of those how many have previous gamsat scores where they have knowingly got below 50 in a section ? (hold onto hope haha)
    For a sec I thought this was a joke until I saw the posts on the gamsat thread :colone:
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! GAMSAT results are out x

ReputationRep:
    When do you guys think cut offs will be released??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsar101)
    Is that the cut-off for this year?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.