The Student Room Group

A101 SGUL 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Rejection email too! Not too surprised as I hated the interview. Good luck to all those still waiting.
I've heard nothing either. Really sorry to hear people getting these rejections and best of luck for your other places!
Reply 242
Hi folks, I can't resist writing to say HAVE FAITH to the wait-listers. It does vary year by year and not easy to predict the dynamics each time but last year I was wait-listed and got an offer, as did a friend of mine. She started the course in August and informs me that all the best people were wait-listed :smile:

Good luck!
I've been waitlisted. Gah! Congrats and commiserations all round.

"I'm tryin' to tell you when it's on
You gotta keep your head to the sky
And be strong, most of all, hold on

Hold on, be strong!
Hold on, be strong!
Hold on, be strong!
When it's on, it's on

(Hold on, be strong [*repeats in background*])
I know them ain't tears comin' down your face
Wipe your eyes
In this world, only the strong survive, you know?

Hehe, I know it's hard out there
Welfare, AIDS, earthquakes, muggings, car-jackings
Yeah, we got problems
But believe me when I tell you things always get better
God don't like ugly, and God don't like no quitters

You know what Billie Holiday said?
Bay-bee, God bless the child that can hold his own
You know? You got to stand strong
And when these bustas try to knock you out your place
You stand there to they face
Tell 'em "Hold on!", and be strong

The game don't stop, huh
This here is black, man
If you don't never learn nothin', learn one thing
It don't stop, 'til the casket drop
Thug for life... feel me?

All my homeboys and my homegirls, stay strong
When things get bad
Especially come the first and the fifteenth
Stay strong, and stay ballin', hold on
I'll catch y'all at the next life, we in traffic"

Tupac Shakur
Original post by dj263
Hi folks, I can't resist writing to say HAVE FAITH to the wait-listers. It does vary year by year and not easy to predict the dynamics each time but last year I was wait-listed and got an offer, as did a friend of mine. She started the course in August and informs me that all the best people were wait-listed :smile:

Good luck!

Hahah while you are in uni fancy popping into admissions and ask when they are sending out offers/rejections to the remaining candidates, this is killing me lol
Original post by dj263

Good luck!

I would be eternally grateful lol
Original post by dj263

Good luck!

Out of interest,when did you and your friend hear? They said "by July" in the email, but is that just a safety net, or....?
I take it tge the rest of us will not be hearing back today :frown: how hard is it to send an email :frown:
Original post by chemhelp2000
I take it tge the rest of us will not be hearing back today :frown: how hard is it to send an email :frown:

No news is probably good news :smile:
Original post by chemhelp2000

I haven't heard either and it is frustrating. Looks like they sent out a batch of emails at around 12/1 and then nothing else. I'm guessing they will send them out in batches like this over the week. I'm also trying not to read into what responses have gone out but just pleased that they've started sending some out finally!

Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard.
No news for me... hopefully the horrible waiting is nearly over though.

Commiserations to those rejected, good luck for any remaining interviews you have.
Fingers crossed for those wait listed (and well done!)
OFFER ON UCAS!

Oh my god I can't believe it. No email yet though, so maybe check your UCAS pages as well as emails guys.

(Sorry for multiple posts!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KoalaMed
OFFER ON UCAS!

Oh my god I can't believe it. No email yet though, so maybe check your UCAS pages as well as emails guys.

I got an offer too! Thanks for the ucas tip. I checked earlier and nothing, only updated at 17.30.
Original post by KoalaMed
OFFER ON UCAS!

Me too!! :smile: Congratulations!! Can't believe it!!
Original post by EllyJelly
Me too!! :smile: Congratulations!! Can't believe it!!

Me too over the moon!
Well done guys!
Aww congratulations guys. Nice to see people who have commented in this thread (and others) get their offers! Hopefully some of you will be taking SGUL over Warwick to help get me off the waiting list and into offer town? Right guys? :wink:

It's odd, I felt like SGUL was actually my best interview! Really put me on a downer for waiting to hear off Swansea. With Nottingham still to go I know I need to do push the boat out with that one.
Hi guys,

Really sorry to hear about those that didn't make it this time round - thank you for mentioning checking UCAS as I didn't get an email but just checked Track and they've offered me a place.
Please take heart from this - I didn't get through last year but made it through on the second try. If you really want it - it will happen.

xx
Congrats to everyone who's gotten an offer!

I got a rejection too but I was kind of expecting it
I had an offer when I logged into track too!! Don't lose hope if you're on the waiting list! Congrats to everyone else too. They made us wait for it!! Really sorry to hear that some of you that haven't had an offer this year. Keep going! Where there's a will there's a way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending