The Student Room Group

A101 SGUL 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Sounds about right! After looking at GAMSAT percentiles from 2015 and this year, scores in general have moved up around 2% (in percentile)

Ah I hate the wait
Original post by Tsar101
No, I was just guessing. Last year, it was 62 so realisitically it shoud be between 60 and 62. It has never fallen below 60 from what I've heard.

Good Luck

62 was actually the cut-off for 2015 entry, not 2016. Last year's was apparently 60 from what I hear on this forum. With this year's exam supposedly being a little tougher and 60 being the 80th percentile, I'd hope that the cut-off point is 60 this time round. But it depends on what students with what scores apply where.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nathan1878
62 was actually the cut-off for 2015 entry, not 2016. Last year's was apparently 60 from what I hear on this forum. With this year's exam supposedly being a little tougher and 60 being the 80th percentile, I'd hope that the cut-off point is 60 this time round. But it depends on what students with what scores apply where.

Original post by Tsar101

Hey guys!
Do you know if cut off's released before interview invitations?
Original post by izzypetrie
Hey guys!
Do you know if cut off's released before interview invitations?

To the best of my knowledge, SGUL and Notts send cutoffs first, Swansea send it all at once.
Original post by puddleduck
To the best of my knowledge, SGUL and Notts send cutoffs first, Swansea send it all at once.

Thank you!
Has/Is anyone calling SGUL to ask about cut-offs?
I'm at work all day so I can't unfortunately
Has/Is anyone calling SGUL to ask about cut-offs?
I'm at work all day so I can't unfortunately

Don't call them, they're probably working as hard as they can as this is a very busy time of year for admission teams at medical schools. They will get the results out soon, a few more days waiting here or there isn't going to do you any harm.

By ringing, you are just distracting and taking up someone's valuable time, they know they have a job to do.
Original post by Marathi
Don't call them, they're probably working as hard as they can as this is a very busy time of year for admission teams at medical schools. They will get the results out soon, a few more days waiting here or there isn't going to do you any harm.

By ringing, you are just distracting and taking up someone's valuable time, they know they have a job to do.

I know, my patience with these things is just wearing so thin as its my 4th time applying.
Hopefully we will know soon :smile:
I know, my patience with these things is just wearing so thin as its my 4th time applying.
Hopefully we will know soon :smile:

I think some people have emailed and haven't heard anything. Where else have you applied? Nottingham have apparently said something about this week, and last year Swansea released interviews and rejections on 1st December according to the thread :smile:
I think some people have emailed and haven't heard anything. Where else have you applied? Nottingham have apparently said something about this week, and last year Swansea released interviews and rejections on 1st December according to the thread :smile:

Thanks for replying :smile:
I've applied Exeter, SGUL, Cardiff and Liverpool!
Where have you applied?
Sgul, notts, swansea and kings

Thanks for replying :smile:
I've applied Exeter, SGUL, Cardiff and Liverpool!
Where have you applied?
Did you guys get the email saying cut offs aren't official yet? I'm hoping they come out soon after hearing that!
Original post by MathsNinja
Did you guys get the email saying cut offs aren't official yet? I'm hoping they come out soon after hearing that!

Yep! almost had a heart attack lol
**keeping busy keeping busy keeping busy**

Good vibes everyone!
Original post by flamingo23232
**keeping busy keeping busy keeping busy**

good vibes everyone!

we musn't panic..... Ahhhhh
Cannot handle the wait!
Cannot handle the wait!

I swear we'll hear from Swansea about interviews before we hear from Notts or SGUL about cutoffs!
I swear we'll hear from Swansea about interviews before we hear from Notts or SGUL about cutoffs!

Haha, yeah I bet! I wonder why it is taking longer... by the looks of it Nott's is too?
It's just so hard to wait because we put in so much effort to revise for GAMSAT and it feels as if this is not reflected in the markers/admissions teams

But i am sure they are working their socks of
57 Cut Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 39
57 Cut Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so shocked it's so low! By 'undertaking academic assessment', do they effectively mean ensuring you've achieved/predicted to achieve a 2.1 do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending