The Student Room Group

A101 SGUL 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I've already started the prep for Swansea. But my reading in law and ethics is pretty limited and I feel like my answer to Why medicine isn't refined enough
I'm more concerned about the references situation. I'm now running around headless because I can't get a reference for one of my work experiences so I'm leaving it off the form.

So how was it? Did you go?
Hello Everyone, so I have my interview at 10 tomorrow and the portal is down!
Can someone please tell me the location of the interview please :smile:
Thank you!
Original post by chemhelp2000
Hello Everyone, so I have my interview at 10 tomorrow and the portal is down!
Can someone please tell me the location of the interview please :smile:
Thank you!

Should be on one of the emails? It's Gt George's Medical School (nearest tube station is Tooting Broadway), go into the medical school and walk forward until you see reception on your left- that's where you sign in :smile:
Original post by Blofeldz
So how was it? Did you go?

It's tomorrow lol. I was getting scared there for a moment, thinking that I had somehow forgotten to go and missed it.
Anyone have an idea about when we will hear back? I can't remember when they said, or when the last interviews are?:smile::colonhash:
They told us within 4 weeks and my interview was 7th feb
At mine they said it is usually 4 weeks but they are doing some interviews in March this year so it might be a little longer.
I really don't like how I did in that interview.

I need to email them too because one of my referees works for a company that has a policy from head office that they can't give out references related to the company.
(edited 7 years ago)
do we send our refs to the admissions email address or is there a specific one?
Did we establish whether the "4 weeks" is from our interview date or the last day of interviews? I can't remember them saying it was from the last day of interviews... but I guess that would make the most sense...
Original post by KoalaMed
Did we establish whether the "4 weeks" is from our interview date or the last day of interviews? I can't remember them saying it was from the last day of interviews... but I guess that would make the most sense...

I'm not sure, does everyone know when the last day of interviews are?
Last year they found out the 15th of March but everything seems to be a bit later this year!
Original post by KoalaMed

They said if we hadn't heard in four weeks time (i.e. Four weeks post interview) to email them because we should have heard back by then. And that was on a slide in the presentation they gave, which I assume was the same presentation they gave to everyone, so I'm thinking we should hear back next week, hopefully Tuesday, as that will be four weeks from the first interviews.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it normally takes very long for them to release offers once the interviews have finished.
Original post by chemhelp2000
I'm not sure, does everyone know when the last day of interviews are?
Last year they found out the 15th of March but everything seems to be a bit later this year!

I don't know when the last day is but I do know they are doing some interviews in march so I'm hoping they finish this week. They said at my interview that they aim to let people know within 4 weeks of their interview- so presumably the first one- but that as they were interviewing a little later this year it might be longer.
She said to us we'd hear by mid-March

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really wish they would just decide a date that they are going to let everyone know and tell us when that date is. Mid-March/maybe 4 weeks but maybe a bit longer is just so vague!
Original post by Blofeldz
I really wish they would just decide a date that they are going to let everyone know and tell us when that date is. Mid-March/maybe 4 weeks but maybe a bit longer is just so vague!

If I remember rightly, they said we should all hear by the end of the second week in March (although not sure if they meant full week?) So either the 10th or 17th.
I thought the 4 week thing meant from the end of the interview period?

I've managed to get a reference from my volunteering manager but so far, my ward manager hasn't even replied to my email and i'm too sick to go into work right now.

on top of that SGUL aren't responding to my emails.
10 days max to go and we'll hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

When I had my interview they said that they had an extra week going at the start of March. After that it takes a week for them to all be processed and then one more week to send out the offers and rejections so we should hear by the "end of the second week of march" :smile:.

Also I had some issue with some references on the day. I've now sorted them and sent them to admissions about 3 weeks ago but I haven't had a reply on the two emails I sent them. Is it worth sending them another or is there a number to call or should I assume that the emails have been read and sorted?

Thanks
Original post by Curryboy03
Hi guys,

When I had my interview they said that they had an extra week going at the start of March. After that it takes a week for them to all be processed and then one more week to send out the offers and rejections so we should hear by the "end of the second week of march" :smile:.

Also I had some issue with some references on the day. I've now sorted them and sent them to admissions about 3 weeks ago but I haven't had a reply on the two emails I sent them. Is it worth sending them another or is there a number to call or should I assume that the emails have been read and sorted?

Thanks

Give them a call and ask them to confirm that they received your references that you sent. Then while you're on the phone see if you can find out if they have finished interviewing and when they are meeting to make decisions and let us all know. The number is at the bottom of the email sent saying that the portal pages were down . (I am only thinking of you here of course).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending