Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Could I be addicted?? 😳

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if the following sounds like I could already be addicted to smoking, or whether it's just a one-off feeling that's got nothing to do with nicotine:

I'm a 17 y/o girl, first tried a cigarette when I just turned 16. I'm not a regular smoker at all, and I didn't used to inhale properly, I've only just started having them again in the last couple of weeks (usually 1-2 a week).

Now for the past week or so I've been having about 1-2 a day, for about three or four days, inhaling very deeply this time. Yesterday I had 2, one straight after the other and became very very dizzy and could barely walk in a straight line, I went to see the college nurse and she told me that I'd experienced a nicotine hit.

I was completely fine for the rest of the day and this morning, but right now my body is a bit shaky and I'm feeling wobbly - could this be that I'm craving the nicotine in a cigarette?

Thanks for any responses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think so.
    If you notice weird body patterns like shaking etc and then instantly think of a cigarette, yeah.

(Original post by cattlelivestock)
    Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if the following sounds like I could already be addicted to smoking, or whether it's just a one-off feeling that's got nothing to do with nicotine:

I'm a 17 y/o girl, first tried a cigarette when I just turned 16. I'm not a regular smoker at all, and I didn't used to inhale properly, I've only just started having them again in the last couple of weeks (usually 1-2 a week).

Now for the past week or so I've been having about 1-2 a day, for about three or four days, inhaling very deeply this time. Yesterday I had 2, one straight after the other and became very very dizzy and could barely walk in a straight line, I went to see the college nurse and she told me that I'd experienced a nicotine hit.

I was completely fine for the rest of the day and this morning, but right now my body is a bit shaky and I'm feeling wobbly - could this be that I'm craving the nicotine in a cigarette?

Thanks for any responses

Posted from TSR Mobile
    try to limit that, and eventually quit before it's going to be too late

ReputationRep:
    That's the start of nicotine addiction. Save yourself some future hospital time, and slow down or quit now before it gets any harder.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.