The Student Room Group

GCSE's for Medicine

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if my GCSE grades are good enough to study medicine at a top university. I would ideally like to go to ICL, UCL Or Edinburgh. I got 4A* 5A 2B
Original post by hughmungus25
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if my GCSE grades are good enough to study medicine at a top university. I would ideally like to go to ICL, UCL Or Edinburgh. I got 4A* 5A 2B

You might struggle because all of them are very competitive in Medicine and some people have crazy GCSE's like 10A*, you can make your A-Levels and UKCAT/BMAT better to help your application.
Reply 2
Original post by Shazen
You might struggle because all of them are very competitive in Medicine and some people have crazy GCSE's like 10A*, you can make your A-Levels and UKCAT/BMAT better to help your application.

So say I got A* A* A A at A-level I could still have a chance? Plus I already have a fair amount of work experience with GP's and Hospitals as well as volunteering etc.
So say I got A* A* A A at A-level I could still have a chance? Plus I already have a fair amount of work experience with GP's and Hospitals as well as volunteering etc.

Yeah then you have a better chance. Or you could look at Med schools which are heavy on A-Levels and UKCAT rather than GCSE's.
Reply 4
Original post by Shazen
Yeah then you have a better chance. Or you could look at Med schools which are heavy on A-Levels and UKCAT rather than GCSE's.

Thank you! :smile:
Thank you! :smile:

Your welcome! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest