Orange Phone Interview - Did you get any warning? Watch

mikeman150
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi!

I applied online for a christmas temp poistion with orange yesterday and today I got a phone call at 9:30 this morning from them and they did the telephone interview. However I didnt have any notice that they would be doing it then. I was just wondering did anyone else get warning?

I think I mucked it up because i dont like speaking on the phone! Id rather do it face to face!

Thanks! :tsr2:
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
true they should have warned you but then you could have easily said it was not a convenient time and postponed it. they would have probably asked if this was a good time,and you said 'yes' am i right? goodluck anyways.
mikeman150
Rep:
?
Hi thanks for the replies so far.

All they said to me is could they ask me a few simple questions, so obviously I said "yes" ,obviously, and then it started off pretty standard questions about disabilities and hours etc and then I get hit with "Can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone that was angry? What did you do to resolve the situation?" Cue the deer in the headlights expression!

Its not an easy question to answer at half past 9 in the morning when it comes out of nowhere! lol

Then it was "Describe a time when you did more than was expected of you to reach a target" and "Describe a time when you had to change the way you worked in order to gain better results"

I managed to eventually fathem my way through it with about 1000 occurances of ummmmmmmm and errrrrrrrrrrrr in between.

But i thought it was just a bit wierd that I hadnt had any notice before I picked up the phone.

January - Good thinking lol I didnt think of that, but then it did take me a bit by suprise! lol
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well i personally 3 questions alone isn't much of an interview,but there you have it. goodluck anyways.
mikeman150
Rep:
?
That wasnt all that was asked thats just what I could remember lol, the phonecall went on for about 15-20 minutes. Thanks, it looks like ill need it lol!
kay4
Report 11 years ago
same thing happened to me with debenhams a couple of weeks ago (on a friday). i tried to postpone it, so she told me she'd phone back on monday......haven't heard since lol. so i guess its not always a good idea to try and get out of it!

xx
magic_unicorn
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I guess I wont be applying there then for xmas job, as absolutely hate using the phone, but then you could just have the possible answers written in front of you, but appear like you are thinking them up?
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yes that's what you do.
keep a notepad in front of you, have possible questions and answers, have alittle blurb about the company somewhere, have a few questions you want to ask them as well.try not to flip the pages as they'll hear so have them taped up or spread out on the table.
rali2000
Report 11 years ago
That's weird. When I applied to Orange online they told me the time of the telephone interview so I had time to prepare. After the telephone interview you should get an interview with the manager of the store. Make sure you make a list of personal anecdotes that demonstrated a certain skill. Also be interested in Orange the company, sales tactics and the mobile phone industry.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you make it through the first round you get a store manager interview.
Report 11 years ago
Any information regarding a in store interview, what to expect?
thanks
The Apprentice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what other questions are there, i have interview 2mro during college hrs lol if anyone could post more questions and tips id be sooooo greatful thanks
fezz100
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hi, i applied at orange online, i got a phone call today saying i had to do a telephone interview tomorrow, if anyones done a telephone interview with orange, can you please help me, what questions do they ask? how long is it? help me guys please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads